Managing Editor, Crossbeam Insider
It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Over five years post-launch, we have more than 16,000 companies using our platform, raised more than $100M of venture capital from leading VC firms like Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint, FirstMark, and Salesforce Ventures. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam is the first and largest Ecosystem-Led Growth platform, used by over 16,000 companies to create, close, and grow sales deals using their partner ecosystem. We act as an escrow service for data, allowing companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners, while keeping the rest of their data private and secure. This has created an entirely new way of doing business called “Ecosystem-Led Growth” or ELG.
That’s where you come in. Your job is to grow our owned media brand Crossbeam Insider to write, source, edit, and distribute content for an audience made of go-to-market teams eager to learn more about ELG best practices.
- Own the strategy and execution for audience development for the Crossbeam Insider experience.
- Be one of the public faces of Crossbeam and ELG, representing Crossbeam to our growing community of partnership and sales professionals via industry events, online forums, and guest posts.
- Drive the success of Crossbeam Insider, including traffic, email subscriptions, and other campaign KPIs
- Interview sales, marketing, and partnership practitioners and distilling best practices into blog posts, ebooks, videos, surveys, reports, and social media posts.
- Use our internal ecosystem data research to inform content.
- Support internal content needs such as website copy, case studies, sales decks, and more.
- Write articles optimized for search, social, and/or email audiences.
- Developing a deep understanding of Crossbeam’s community of customers and readers to propose and execute editorial campaigns.
These are some of your traits:
- You’re a journalist or researcher at heart who loves producing original thinking and insights after conducting original research.
- You take the craft of writing seriously but know that perfection is the enemy of done.
- You relish the idea of getting on the phone with a subject matter expert, learning from them, and then creating something for the Crossbeam community.
- You’re excited to dive into 4+ years of Crossbeam platform data to unearth trends, indices, and content ideas.
- You write for people, not platforms.
- You have some familiarity with those who work in SaaS businesses — especially experience writing for sales and revenue professionals.
- You love receiving thoughtful feedback on your writing.
- You have at least 4 years of experience working for another publication or an agency.
- While you are able to source freelance and guest contributions, you don’t mind being an editorial team of one to start.
- You have more than a few off-the-wall ideas you’ve been dying to try.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
- You believe in creating space for people with different backgrounds and viewpoints to share their opinions in a respectful environment.
We go through the same interview steps for all candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration:
- Crossbeam in-house recruiter
- 45-minute call with VP of Content
- Take Home Test, a brief assignment to better understand your writing abilities.
- Final: Back to back 1:1 sessions with:
- VP of Content
- Director of Mid Market Sales
- Senior Director of Product Marketing
This is a salaried* role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
- Learning & Development Budget
- Remote Work Options
- Generous Wellness Stipend
*This role has been categorized as a Remote position. "Remote" employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to Crossbeam. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role. In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $90,000- 110,000 Annually. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where differences are valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.