Senior UX Designer, Ground Robotics
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a global work environment that empowers people to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand.
We're hiring a UX designer to help take the DroneDeploy Robotics & Automation experience to the next level. The platform provides a solution for connecting, monitoring, controlling, and automating autonomous robots to scan work-sites, undertake inspections, and capture data.
The Robotics & Automation team is breaking new ground in the global adoption of robotics, providing world-leading features for the use of robots in industry. We value initiative, innovation, and people with a strong sense of ownership. Join us in pioneering a brand new frontier in technology, working in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up culture with huge ambition.
Applicants, please include a link to your portfolio of work. Your software design portfolio should showcase a diverse range of projects that incorporate user research and data. It should demonstrate your ability to iterate from wireframes to polished prototypes while effectively incorporating feedback and collaborating with teams.
- Drive product design from discovery and definition to iterative development and delivery for a diverse range of robotics applications.
- Lead user research to deeply understand the unique and often complex customer problems to design solutions that meet users' needs.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate opportunities, understand user behavior, and drive product design decisions.
- Conduct user tests for continuous design optimization - fail fast, learn quickly.
- Create user flows, wireframes, interface designs, prototypes, visual design specs, and other supporting assets.
- Work with the product management and engineering teams in an agile and iterative way to deliver designs on time and within budget.
- Proactively engage in collaboration with key stakeholders in and outside the business.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to explore new ideas that span industry verticals.
- Have an extraordinary portfolio that demonstrates the results of a user-centred design process
- Design degree, or equivalent industry experience.
- Conducted UX research activities, specializing in contextual inquiry.
- Proficient in standard design software and specifically Figma.
- A solid understanding of design systems, how to develop and implement them.
- Proven experience in delivering the entire design process - from research through to design and implementation.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with key stakeholders across the business.
- Expected to commit 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexibility in scheduling.
- Work from our Auckland Central office 3x days per week.
- Occasional domestic and international travel required for events like quarterly planning, conferences, company meetings, and training sessions.
Upon Joining Our International Team, We Will:
- Pair you with a mentor who will guide you through our onboarding program.
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals.
- Support your professional development by providing feedback and during our bi-annual reviews.
- Provide autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team.
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location & country)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal-opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.