Product Support Associate
Product, Customer Service
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Build with certainty, operate with confidence. That’s why thousands of construction, oil and gas, and renewable energy companies use DroneDeploy on a daily basis. We help them automate reality capture using drones, robots, and 360 cameras – combining this data in one platform for AI-powered analysis. From aerial and ground views of construction progress to automated gauge readings and methane leak detection, DroneDeploy is shaping the future of reality capture.
At DroneDeploy, we thrive in a remote-first culture, powered by innovation. Growth is limitless, and employee contributions matter. With accolades as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and a spot on America’s Best Startups list, our team is dynamic, purpose-driven, and dedicated to delivering top-tier reality capture software. We cultivate an environment of opportunity. Our dynamic growth is fueled by the diverse range of ideas nurtured by our team. This is why our commitment to internal advancement is profound. A multitude of paths for professional and personal development are available, where flexible schedules, family-friendly benefits, and remote work options propel our team's journey.
Who You Are
You have a passion for helping people and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment. You enjoy looking for ways to make someone’s day, just because. You’ve got ideas for ways to make your own work and your team’s more effective and efficient. You’re a problem solver who sees the deeper issue below the superficial symptoms. You are committed to equity and inclusion, and eager to work with a team that cultivates and celebrates diversity. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a DroneDeploy Product Support Associate, you’ll become an expert in cutting-edge technology...our drone flight and 3D data platform! We are serious about providing a top-notch customer experience through continuous learning, knowledge-sharing, and deep customer empathy. You will collaborate with both your fellow Support folks around the world and cross-functional teams to resolve customer issues and help improve our products! This role is fully remote now and in the future.
- Use your troubleshooting skills to help our customers resolve any issues they may have when using our products to fly their drones, capture ground-based imagery with their 360 camera, or process and analyze collected data
- Rapidly and accurately resolve customer tickets via email, chat, and phone-based support in Zendesk
- Look for ways to improve processes and tools to help us scale our global support team
- Continue growing and refining our knowledge base by contributing to both internal and external documentation
- Use your active listening, customer empathy, and de-escalation skills to maintain and grow customer relationships
- Advocate for our customers by collaborating directly with Engineering, Product Management, and our UX team on customer pain points or other product improvements
- At least one year of experience in a business-to-business (B2B) or business-to-enterprise (B2E) software support role OR a degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Deep empathy and desire to help others, even those who are having a bad day
- Strong troubleshooting and logical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- The ability to recognize patterns that could indicate the presence of a deeper technical issue
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated things simply
- Curiosity and a thirst for knowledge
- Must be able to obtain a Part 107 remote pilot’s license within the first 90 days of employment
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 7:00AM - 4:00PM or 8:00AM - 5:00PM ET
Nice to Have
- These are truly “nice to have” items. Don’t let it stop you from applying if you can’t check any of these boxes! Our ongoing training will help you learn all the skills you need to progress in your career at DroneDeploy.
- Industry knowledge or experience in construction, agriculture, energy, facilities, or related fields
- Experience flying drones or using 360 cameras
- Experience or training in GIS Production systems, CAD Environments, and photogrammetry or geospatial software
- Experience with APIs, SSO, SQL queries
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Zendesk Suite, Google Suite
- Fluency in: Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese
- Interest in photography
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.