Full Stack Engineer - Insights
Posted on Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses across many different industries (manufacturing, logistics, travel, financial services, tech, etc.) use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
Front is a complex app with high performance requirements: some of our teams involve thousands of users working together in real-time on millions of messages every day. To meet those requirements, we use modern tools like NodeJS, React and TypeScript.
As part of the Insights team, you will be responsible for accelerating the growth of the “Analytics” feature set of the product. This team serves the managers and decision makers by providing valuable and meaningful learnings to let them excel and scale their business in a competitive environment. To do so, we develop and integrate a full Business Intelligence engine to provide valuable insights, which match the use cases of collaboration and performance, in our simple and intuitive UI inside Front without the need for an extra tool.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute to a central, complex components of the Front application
- Deliver on our product roadmap, turning rough specs into features
- Make Front more valuable to our users by providing them with relevant insights on their business
- Make Front more reliable by scaling our data engine to match our customer’s growth and ingesting their datasets
- Make Front more efficient by raising our #high-standards and focusing on operation and maintainability
- Work closely with product managers, product designers and other engineers to conceptualize, build and test new features
What skills and experience do you need?
- Be knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. NodeJS, ES6, TypeScript, React
- Have exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Full professional English proficiency
- Expertise with data management and/or ElasticSearch is a plus
Hybrid: This position requires being in-office at least 2 days a week
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.