Finance & Strategy Manager
Accounting & Finance, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses across many different industries (manufacturing, logistics, travel, financial services, tech, etc.) use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
We are looking for a strategic Finance professional who is passionate about making an impact at a fast-growing company. You will use your business insight, analytical skills, and strategic thinking to deliver insights and actionable recommendations to improve decision-making across the organization. You will own our company model, oversee our planning & reporting cycles, and drive process excellence across our entire organization.
This is a highly visible role in the organization and reports into the Head of FP&A. This may be the right fit for you if you are passionate about developing an intimate understanding of our business, have a strong financial and analytical background, and are keen to drive growth and operational improvements as a strategic finance manager.
What you will be doing?
- Own our company model and provide regular updates to our Executive team and board on financial performance.
- Develop a strong understanding of Front's business model and translate the impact of business decisions on company performance.
- Lead our consolidated Financial Planning process, including development of near-term and long-term budgets, quarterly KPI updates, and regular business reviews.
- Monitor budget implementation to ensure timely commitments, and conduct rigorous variance analysis. Regularly update budgets and forecasts to guide decision-making.
- Drive ongoing improvement in finance and operational workflows, increase efficiency through automation & process excellence, and proactively understand risks and opportunities to provide predictability to future performance
What skills & experience do you need?
- 4+ years of finance or related experience in a highly analytical and operational role
- Strong financial modeling skills in Excel and understanding of business metrics. Familiarity with 3-statement models
- Experience with company-wide or business unit planning processes, operating expense forecasting, and P&L and budget management
- Ability to eloquently distill and communicate financial data and complex topics to non-finance stakeholders
- Experience and comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment; bonus points for experience with SaaS business models
Nice to have:
- Strong financial acumen (e.g., a good understanding of financial statements, accounting, FP&A processes, ASC 606 & 340, etc.)
- Exposure to working with finance and GTM systems (e.g., Pigment / Anaplan, Netsuite, Salesforce)
- SQL skills and understanding of database / data warehousing concepts (though we always have internal resources to assist)
- Experience or interest in Technology or Software / SaaS industry
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000 - $170,000 USD. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (which includes base salary and, where applicable, may include commissions or overtime pay), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our Recruiting Team for additional information.
These ranges may be modified in the future.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.