People & HR
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses across many different industries (manufacturing, logistics, travel, financial services, tech, etc.) use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
We are looking for a People Operations & Workplace Specialist to help us provide a fantastic experience for Fronteers in EMEA, working directly with the People Operations team and the HRBP for EMEA. To succeed in the role, you must be a thorough and versatile professional, have proven experience in French HR administration, enjoy solving problems, and work well in a small, cross-functional, dynamic team.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver an outstanding experience to Fronteers in EMEA by serving as their point of contact and resolving their queries on HR-related topics, including paperwork creation, employee life cycle, benefits, policies, procedures, programs, and tools (BambooHR, PayFit)
- Onboarding new hires: own contract creation, manage pre-onboarding activities, deliver onboarding sessions, and manage probationary periods
- Payroll and timekeeping management: partner with the Finance team and payroll provider to ensure payroll is accurate and leave policies are applied in full compliance with applicable labor laws and internal policies
- International mobility: support future and current Fronteers to obtain work authorization with the help of external partners
- Ensure compliance with requirements from a People Operations perspective and applicable regulations
- Manage data integrity in databases, libraries (Google Drive, Intranet, etc.) and systems (BambooHR) and provide ad hoc reports to local management
- Create, document, and manage necessary processes to support our company’s growth
- Lead or take an active part in projects related to any HR topic critical for our success (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; talent management, employer branding, etc.)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for building management/landlord and resolve any facilities concerns in a timely manner
- Vendor management relating to office experience
- Create a strong company culture in the office by planning and executing office events and other culture initiatives
- Track office budget and expenses
- Native proficiency in French & fluent in English
- You are able to produce work contracts, addenda and side letters autonomously and have a basic working knowledge of French labour law (probation & notice periods management; key contractual elements; leaves; Syntec CBA specificities)
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a payroll specialist, HR Ops specialist, HR coordinator, HR Generalist or a similar position
- You’re passionate about supporting and helping people, always
- You are able to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- You demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and great prioritization skills
- Knowledge of benefits, particularly in France and Ireland
- Experience with payroll processing in France, and prior experience with Payfit is preferred
- Due to the office management responsibilities for this role, this position is expected to work onsite minimum 4 days per week
- You have a deep fit with our culture and values
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.