Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses across many different industries (manufacturing, logistics, travel, financial services, tech, etc.) use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
Content creates the essential fuel for our marketing engine and is a core part of how we bring Front story and brand to life. We are looking for an experienced content leader to help lead and grow a strategic content marketing program that will drive demand for and adoption of Front. This is an inherently collaborative, creative, and strategic role: you’ll partner closely with our growth, brand design, PMM, and product teams to build a content roadmap and bring new ideas to life.
The Content Lead will manage and build a team of experienced writers and external partners to create bold, dynamic content that drives business impact and report directly to our Senior Director of Brand.
What will you be doing?
- Lead and empower a diverse team of writers and editors
- Act as Front’s editor-in-chief, ensuring powerful storytelling and consistent voice & tone across touchpoints and channels
- Own and produce a wide-range of content types that extend far beyond the traditional blog post: interactive tools and web experiences, video content, resource libraries, live and virtual events, and much more
- Collaborate closely with marketing partners and cross-functional stakeholders across the company to develop and prioritize our content roadmap
- Develop and execute a bold and comprehensive content strategy that drives key metrics and connects with target audiences throughout the customer journey
- Oversee an SEO strategy that drives significant web traffic, alongside agency partners
- Oversee a social program that has a unique point-of-view and puts customers at the center of our storytelling
- Work closely with our creative producer to manage resource allocation and our content request process
- Collaborate with the design team to reimagine our web content platforms
- Deliver detailed content marketing analysis that includes meaningful and actionable insights around how content is driving top-of-funnel growth and customer adoption
What skills & experience do you need?
- 7+ years content marketing and writing/editorial experience; we’re looking for someone who is a storyteller at heart
- 3+ years of people management experience, plus experience managing contractors and agencies
- Experience leading content for B2B companies
- Knack for focusing on the big picture story, while maintaining an eye for detail
- A desire to dive deep into data and a track record of creating content programs that move the needle
- A collaborative, no-ego approach to leadership
This position is open to Remote US. Note that we are only able to hire for this role in the following states:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Tennessee, Missouri
If you are located in San Francisco or Chicago, the role will be Hybrid and in-office Tuesdays and Thursdays. All other locations will be remote.
Zone 1: $165,000 - $208,800
Zone 2: $148,500 - $187,900
Zone 3: $140,300 - $177,500
Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market-based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (base salary, which may include commissions or overtime pay where applicable), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please contact a member of our recruiting team for additional information.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.