Senior QA Automation Engineer
About the Role:
Problem solver, results driven, creative, hands on, enthusiastic – we are seeking a Senior QA Automation Engineer that has these characteristics. Groove is a software company that uses Agile and SCRUM methodologies to develop and deliver our product. The successful candidate will need to lead and manage QA automation projects in delivering a high-quality software product and on time. The candidate also needs to maintain automated test scripts to perform functional, regression and load testing as well as setting up and maintaining a lab environment for testing performance, scalability, ETL/data integrations to other third-party applications.
****Must be located in Portugal****
- Collaborating with Product and Development Teams to analyze and understand application requirements, identifying potential gaps.
- Lead, coach, and mentor Automation Engineers to deliver high-quality Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Executing various levels and types of testing such as smoke, functional, compatibility and regression tests using automated scripts.
- Identifying, researching and documenting bugs; suggesting possible resolutions and root causes
- Contributing to process improvements efforts related to all aspects of Software Quality Assurance in an effort to reduce defects and quality issues
- Manage multi-shore and multi-disciplinary QA teams in the US and other offshore locations
- Evaluate test results against expected results, implement improvements to processes, and recommend alternative testing as needed
- Maintain and report automation test metrics for all active projects to include code coverage, function coverage, test case coverage
- Engage with key leaders to drive the vision and overall priorities to deliver quality products
- Communicate and translate vision/strategy to the team executing on functional and business goals for the team
- 5+ years of hands-on enterprise software QA engineering, analysis, and testing experience
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing automation framework for APIs, mobile and web based enterprise software applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, time management skills with good knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and resolving technical problems
- Ability to prioritize work tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, adaptability, and to think beyond “outside of the box"
- Service orientation and ability to work in a team and collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL and RDBMS such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Ability to evaluate and implement testing tools as per the organization needs.
- Experience on building and running complex test environments
- 2+ years of testing experience as a Automation lead or Architect, managing offshore/multi-shore automation teams with demonstrated experience building and motivating teams
- Successfully released 3+ enterprise software suite releases in ERP, CRM, or comparable business software applications
- Experience in SOAP/REST web services (XML / JSON) testing and automation
- Experience building Rest API Automation Framework using Karate/Rest Assured
- Proven expertise and success with QA automation tools, both commercial and open source to include Mercury QuickTest Pro, LoadRunner, Selenium, Cypress, Jmeter, or Watir for example
- Proven success with regression, performance, concurrency, and scalability testing methodologies
- Ability to provide hands-on leadership, and work flexible hours some evenings and weekends
- Should have experience in CI tools like Rundeck/Jenkins
- Ability to implement and configure code coverage tools like Cobertura, JaCoCo, OpenClover etc
- Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) QA experience strongly desired
Something looks off?