LATAM (Spanish) General Manager
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
TL;DR–We’re looking for someone to oversee our growing LATAM presence, leading all of our core business functions in the market.
What You'll Do
- Leadership: You'll be the leader of a highly cross-functional LATAM team that oversees content, marketing, audio production, unit economics, and more, with a particular focus on expanding our ever-growing library of Spanish prayer content, building business and influencer partnerships, growing our user base and–most importantly–serving our users.
- Market Execution: In this position, you’ll work with Hallow leadership to develop and execute our business strategy for LATAM. You’ll position Hallow for success by monitoring regional market trends in order to proactively strengthen Hallow’s ability to serve its customers and identify prospective mission-aligned partners. You’ll be accountable for market-specific OKRs and will be responsible for building roadmaps to achieve them.
- Building relationships: You'll be the face of Hallow externally to many of our partners across the LATAM region, and it'll be critical for you to build and maintain relationships with our key stakeholders, marketing collaborators, and mission partners.
- Alignment: You’ll ensure compliance with local regulations and industry standards in areas where we operate, and work closely with the international leadership of Hallow to ensure the LATAM team’s alignment with Hallow’s vision and priorities.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives all around the world.
- Ownership: You’ll have oversight of the entire LATAM (Spanish) market, and will report to Hallow’s Head of International. You’ll oversee a growing team of full-time and part-time professionals who work every day to help our users find peace in God. You’ll also be a critical cross-functional partner, working closely with marketing, content, and product leadership.
- Growth: From day 1, you’ll be a part of our ongoing startup journey. We’ll need your help to drive continuous improvement in the LATAM market as we seek to build on our successes so far.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago and we would love to have as many team members there as possible, but this role can be filled from the United States or in Latin America.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates in terms of equity, cash, and benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun!
- Language: You must be fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Experience: At least 5 years in a business environment (preferably a startup or technology business), with deep knowledge of LATAM markets (bonus points for a deep understanding of Christian and Catholic user segments in Latin America). You should have at least two years of experience in people leadership roles, and must be comfortable in highly cross-functional positions.
- Grit & detail-oriented: Life at a start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. You'll be coming into a fast-moving team, so perseverance, attention to detail, and getting the little things right will be incredibly important. Project management skills and a strong sense of ownership will be key.
- Adaptability: You should be driven to see the job through. We don’t care about when and where you work as much as we care about whether or not you see the job through to completion on or ahead of schedule.
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder
See more open positions at Hallow
Something looks off?