Freelance SEO Consultant
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still dominate, and customers waste countless hours navigating dated processes, we provide small business owners with the ability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing to underwriting to claims.
We're backed by Tribe Capital, Uncork Capital, Crosslink Capital, e.ventures, Postmates CEO Bastian Lehman, Apartment List CEO John Kobs, and several others. As an SEO consultant with Huckleberry, you will help us scale our marketing goals and strengthen our site’s organic reach. Your work will be an important pillar of Huckleberry’s growth marketing strategy and help us spread the word of Huckleberry to the next generation of small business owners.
- Research, organize and share SEO keyword insights, and outline opportunities for Huckleberry to develop new, high-impact marketing content
- Identify appropriate domains and media partners that would benefit from linking to proprietary Huckleberry content
- Manage communications/outreach strategy to target domains and media partners
- Perform site audits and propose optimization campaigns to improve overall site health and adhere to on- and off-page SEO best practices
- Highly Valued: Previous experience scaling link building, SEO, and/or media relations campaigns with high-growth startups, especially in the insurance or fintech space.
- Proficiency in key SEO tools and software (e.g., Ahrefs) and experience performing holistic SEO site audits
- 2+ years experience in link building, SEO keyword research, email marketing, media relations, PR, etc.** If applicable, please link or attach a sample comms campaign that displays your ability to write compelling email marketing content as part of a link building and/or media relations campaign**
- Shrewd competitive research instincts and a keen understanding of white-hat SEO link building tactics
- Proficiency in Google Sheets, Excel, or similar software
- Professional writing and editing skills and unparalleled attention to detail
- Excellent time management capabilities and adherence to deadlines—your workload may change from week to week
- Undergraduate degree with relevant coursework