Area Vice President, South
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), the Area Vice President, South will build, lead and manage a team of regional directors who each manage a territory encompassing sales account executives, partner account managers, and implementation managers. You will be measured on partner leads, bookings in your region, and ultimately launched revenue.
You’re the right fit for this role if you are a passionate and agile leader who is forward-thinking, collaborative, inspirational, and want to disrupt a broken industry. We move with high velocity, have grit, live and breathe in Salesforce, and default to action. And finally, as we go 24,791 mph, you should be comfortable with change.
What you get to do every day
- Coach, mentor and guide a team of regional directors and guide them on the most effective way to manage their teams, keeping in mind that sales and partnerships is very different from implementation
- Keep an eye on performance and accurately forecast commits and stretch goals on a weekly basis. Performance manage team as needed
- Manage the end-to-end sales process and forecast sales leveraging Salesforce
- Align with the sales leadership team on processes, procedures and team KPIs
- Work with the VP of Revenue Marketing & Implementation on marketing needs and how to get plans to launch faster
- Work with the VP of Training to ensure that your new hires (we hire and ramp quickly) are prepared and hit the ground running
- Develop the right skill set for your regional directors, continuing to refine best practices.
- Create a high-performance culture and drive ownership and accountability, while having fun in the process
- Travel within the region and nationally to field ride with individuals on the team and to meetings on a national level, such as sales conferences, trade shows, or partnership meetings.
What you bring to the role
- 10+ years of experience leading front-line sales leaders and their salespeople across multiple functions in the Retirement Services / HCM / Payroll Industry.
- Proven track record of success in a quota-driven sales environment.
- Experience building relationships with CPA's, payroll companies, HR consultants and
- Courage, Passion, Resilience, and Drive
- Core Competencies: Organizational Leadership, Strong Business Acumen, Strategic Insights, Trusted Advisor, Strategic Sales Planning, Sales Team Leadership.
- Professional Competencies: Adaptability, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Influencing Impact, Judgment, Collaboration, Executive Maturity/Presence, Value Selling, Analytical Problem Solving, Organized & Disciplined, Initiates/Embraces Change.
- CRM experience (particularly Salesforce) to manage the sales process and forecast sales
- Exceptional communication skills; written and verbal
- Strong understanding of the Human Interest Sales process, demands, and needs for continued success
- Willing to flex with constant change and day-to-day competing priorities
- A team player and big picture thinking mentality
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The base salary for this position spans from a minimum of $120,000 in our lowest geographic region to a maximum of $150,000 in our highest geographic region. The salary that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, base salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. Depending on the position, additional compensation components such as bonus, commission, and equity may be offered. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures