Senior Software on Chip (SoC) / Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2022
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft Orbital is looking for a Senior SoC/DSP engineer to join our RF and Signal Processing team. Loft is currently developing the next generation of its Hub Gateway system. The Hub Gateway is a key unit within our spacecrafts, managing the different connectivity means relying on ground and space radio links. It also hosts our RF SDR product allowing Loft Orbital customers to deploy a variety of applications ranging from Power Spectrum Survey, IoT/M2M to Signal Intelligence.
As a Senior SoC/DSP engineer, you will be responsible for the design, the development, the implementation and the testing of the software and firmware functions required for our RF SDR applications running onboard our current satellite and that will be soon deployed onboard our future satellites. This includes high data rate communications, digital signal processing for modems, signal detection and characterization.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Definition of the Hub Gateway software/hardware specifications and of the associated architecture
- Development, implementation of the software and firmware functions required for our SDR applications including:
- Development of the test bench required during the development and the validation phases
- Document the DSP/communication system design and testing
- Bring-up, debug and test of the developed solutions on hardware including participation in the RF end-end testing
- Consolidation of our DSP and RF roadmap
- Modem: Synchronization, digital modulation, error correction, pre-compensation equalization
- Encryption and security functions
- Signal Intelligence function such as signal detection and characterization
- Strong experience with DSP and digital communications theory and implementation including digital communication, synchronization and error correction
- Ability to quantize DSP algorithm, and evaluate the performances of a DSP chain before FPGA implementation.
- Autonomy in FPGA/RTL implementation and testing of DSP algorithms
- Experience in C and Python applied to embedded systems
- Experience with test equipment like signal generators, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with SoC architecture
- Experience in RF end-to-end performance testing
- Experience of SDR design for space and general EE design
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Equity, we want you to have an active role in our success
- Up to 35 days of Paid Time Off (vacations & RTT ) and flexible working hours, we want you to be at your best
- Health and life insurance, we care about your health
- Lunch Vouchers, because let’s be honest, we love food! (we even have a slack channel about it #loft-gourmand)
- Cross-office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse to learn from our differences
- Company and team off-sites and many other events to work & celebrate together
- Relocation assistance to Toulouse when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?