Electrical Software Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
Hello Electrical Software Engineer 👋
At Loft Orbital, we have just successfully launched our first two satellites that we fly and operate ourselves. With 2 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly as a global company, with offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
We are now actively looking for Electrical Software Engineer to join our Mission Integration Tools team and help us build the technology to drive success of our future missions. 🛰️ 🛰️ 🛰️
We are looking for this Electrical Engineer to work in our Golden, CO office.
Wanna join the adventure?
As a Electrical Software Engineer, you will primarily help design, develop and deploy automated testing tools on our Satellite Simulator product (HubKit) and any associated tools, to help scale as a company. We are looking for engineers with a product mindset, who have a good grasp on electronics and software engineering principles. Additionally, we are looking for:
🛰️ Ability to work independently with some guidance. People owning their work is important to us!
🛰️ Able to wear multiple hats as needs arise. We are a small company disrupting an entire industry!
🛰️ Not afraid to get out of comfort zone to explore and learn. Technologies are evolving at rapid rates, and we must stay relevant!
Our culture at Loft Orbital promotes collaboration and ownership to our developers, fostering efforts hand to hand with other teams, internally and externally.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Develop software that enable customers to test their systems against our Satellite Simulator product (HubKit)
- Design and develop automated testing flows, and corresponding infrastructure, to enable anyone to test and certify HubKits
- Update and maintain test procedures that qualify a product as ready for delivery
- System and sub-system level integration and test of build units that may include electrical, mechanical integration, as well as environmental testing
- 2+ years of experience in electronics and Software-Hardware integration
- 2+ years of experience with modern programming languages, such as Python
- Experience with automated testing using modern programming languages
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Experience working with containerized environment, preferably Docker
- Experience creating detailed Test Procedures for development electronics
- Entrepreneurial, needs to be able to discover areas of improvement and manage own work
Nice to Haves:
- 3+ years of experience working with modern programming languages and working with low level electronics
- Testing and troubleshooting experience with digital, analog and high-speed interfaces, including various communication protocols (CAN, ETH, SpaceWire, etc.)
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.