Senior Sales Engineer
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA · Boston, MA, USA · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
Memfault is a global team driven by our shared passion to improve the connected world. Our observability helps teams building smart devices deliver better products to their customers. We are the clear leader in our space with an outstanding founding team who know the problem we solve inside and out. Our customers include the makers of amazing IoT devices you have used from Logitech to Lyft, Bose to Traegar Grills.
We are seeking our first and founding Sales Engineer. In this role, you will quickly become the product expert within the GTM team. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to help define what sales engineering means to our company and if successful you could lead and grow this critical function. The ideal candidate will have startup experience, a passion for technology, significant software chops and is excited to come down the stack with us!
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will provide technical expertise throughout the sales cycle including sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations including Proof of Concepts. You will help qualify and close opportunities with customers and have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on what you are seeing in the field.
This role will partner cross-functionally with leaders across the business, including Product, Marketing, Customer Experience, and Partnerships.
This position is remote but being close to San Francisco or Boston will be a distinct advantage to get up to speed and spend time with our teams.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Getting product owners and engineers excited (as you are) about our product
- Demonstrate our product, answer questions, and handle objections during initial sales calls
- Scope and manage proof of concepts and help us build technical champions
- Partner with the Sales team to help customers see the value of our platform
- Be an essential feedback loop to our Product team
- Work with our Solution Engineers and our CTO to solve how we will integrate with the customer’s smart devices
- Become highly credible in our domain and develop expert knowledge of our end user functionality
What You Should Have
- At least 3 years in a Sales Engineering role in B2B SaaS
- Curiosity and charisma, you love learning knew technical topics and sharing them with others
- Great written and oral communication skills, you can bring energy and own the Zoom
- Ability to consistently run a compelling product demonstration and think on your feet
- Confidence to speak your mind, challenge our sales team sometimes the customer
- Figure out how to go as broad as possible and as deep as necessary
- Be organized, be able to prioritize, and look for guidance over direction
- The ability to read the room and know how to thread customer conversations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an adjacent subject
- Be able to travel to customers within the US up to 25% of the time
- Ability to code in C or similar programming language
- Experience in the developer tools or cloud observability space
- You tinker with hardware and other technical projects on your own time
- Gone through the process of bringing an IoT product to market
Who You'll Be Working With
We offer full benefits (health, vision, dental, 401k), unlimited PTO, and competitive pay and equity packages. Learn more about benefits and our company values - >
We want you (yes, you!) to apply
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Memfault is the first IoT reliability platform that empowers teams to build more robust devices at scale. Today hardware teams have little insight into how their products are performing and what issues are driving the majority of field failures; with Memfault, they can operate with the same speed and agility as software organizations. Companies like Lyft, Logitech, Bose, Whoop, and Verkada use Memfault's performance monitoring, device debugging, and OTA update capabilities to ship fast and build high-quality products. Memfault was founded by veterans of Pebble, Fitbit, and Oculus and is backed by Stripes, Uncork Capital, Partech, the 5G Innovation Lab, S28 Capital, and Y Combinator. Learn more about Careers at Memfault ->
Memfault recently closed a $24M Series B funding round announced on January 24, 2023. Learn more ->