Poka is an innovative app designed for manufacturing companies that empower frontline workers to learn continuously, solve problems and collaborate in support of continuous improvement. Imagine a combination of Facebook and YouTube designed for factory workers. Say goodbye to paper, make way for tablets! 📱
Poka has become a catalyst for digital transformation and manufacturing leaders such as Nestlé, Bosch, Kraft and Danone trust us with their transition to Industry 4.0. 🏭
Poka is looking for a Corporate Lawyer. If you have over 4 years' experience in the practice of business law, with proven expertise in conducting negotiations and drafting contractual documents, then we want to talk to you!
What you'll be responsible for:
Draft, review and negotiate a diverse range of agreements, including customer contracts, supplier agreements, partnerships and non-disclosure agreements. Develop a thorough understanding of the company's day-to-day operations in order to strike an effective balance between risk mitigation and the timely closing of customer contracts. Ensure centralized maintenance of contracts and legal documents while administering the monitoring of standardized contractual tools.
Data confidentiality and regulatory compliance
Keep abreast of current laws and regulations in the SaaS sector, ensure the company's compliance, and advise on any necessary adjustments. Ensure compliance with data privacy and security regulations (e.g. GDPR, CCPA), including the development and updating of data protection policies.
Work with Human Resources team on legal issues and potential litigation. Mitigate risks and assist with international expansion.
Protect and oversee the company's intellectual property portfolio, which includes trademarks, patents, copyrights and trade secrets.
Play a supporting role to the security team in the identification, assessment and mitigation of legal risks related to the company's activities. Provide proactive legal advice to the management team and relevant stakeholders.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Minimum 4 years' experience in corporate, commercial and information technology law.
- Active member in good standing of the Quebec Bar.
- Fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Significant experience in drafting and reviewing software contracts.
- Proficiency in drafting and negotiating various commercial, licensing and technology agreements.
- Ability to proactively assess the legal implications of business decisions, offer strategic legal advice and take charge of compliance and legal risk mitigation initiatives.
- Enthusiasm and initiative to effectively manage responsibilities with a sense of urgency, particularly in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Exceptional negotiation skills, able to simplify complex legal negotiations.
- Experience with cloud computing and open source agreements.
- Familiarity with privacy laws.
- Common law degree and experience in US law.
What we offer:
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Generous vacation policy upon arrival.
- Hybrid mode, work 2 days a week at our Quebec City or Montreal offices if you live within a 40 km (Quebec City) or 15 km (Montreal) radius.
- Truly flexible schedule and the possibility of taking every Friday afternoon off.
- Group insurance from day one (dental, medication, invalidity, travel, etc.).
- Telemedicine service with Dialogue.
- Retirement plan with Wealthsimple after a year.
- MacBook Pro and $500 allowance for your home office.
- Tasty snacks (Fresh fruits, snacks, coffees, teas, etc.)
- Generous referral bonus.
- Whatever you need to keep learning and evolve professionally.
- Rapid evolution in your role. Your responsibilities will not be limited!
*Certain benefits are exclusively accessible to employees in Canada.
Want to learn more about our culture? Click HERE.