AI/HPC Field Application Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2022
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) will work closely with Business Development, Product, and Engineering to provide pre-and post-sales technical customer support. This position requires excellent customer communication and troubleshooting skills to conduct remote and on-site training and product presentations. This position is a technical position that will require additional skills such as system debugging, coding, scripting. Candidates are expected to work independently and acquire expert-level skills with the in-house built product line including HPC Hardware (IP, Chips, Boards), SDK, Algorithms (NN, DSP, Vision, Path Planning, etc.).
- Work with Business Development to sell the technology from quadric.io
- Work with customers to install SDK and algorithms and analyze customer systems to determine the best HW/SW solutions for their system.
- Analyze technological problems brought in by customers and communicate with engineering for the best solution..
- Work with business development to prepare technical proposals and statements of work, working with the customer to gather requirements.
- Set up regular technical discussions with customers to help them understand quadric deliverables and resolving customer issues with engineering support as well as conduct regular follow-up and monitoring.
- Deliver periodic training sessions
- Coordinate with the Sales and Engineering team in designing proper application systems and formulating the product specifications according to the customer's needs.
- Interface with product marketing and engineering
- Conduct project feasibility studies
- Some travel required
- Bachelors in Computer Science and/or Electronics Engineering field
- Minimum 4 years’ previous experience in related field
- Experience with NN, DSP, Video and other algorithms
- Automotive experience ADAS/AV preferred.
- Knowledge of sensor environments, Video, Radar or Lidar strongly preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of software perception systems, Lidar preferred, but Computer Vision is also accepted
- Experience with computer languages. Python required, C++ preferred.
- Experience with computer networking, router configuration, IP masking, etc
- Experience with Linux command line, Git, spreadsheets, Jira, and Confluence
- Ability to methodically debug problems, relay information to the engineering team, and test and deploy system updates and upgrades
See more open positions at Quadric
Something looks off?