Sr. Hardware Architect
Quadric is building a full-stack system that is designed to meet the requirements of next-generation edge & edge-cloud computing products. In order to leverage the tsunami of data generated at the Edge, the next generation of computing innovation is happening outside the data center. Quadric has created a solution that is specifically optimized for accelerating the full system. This includes Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads, data conditioning & post processing, analytics, and more.
Founded in 2016 and based in downtown Burlingame, California, Quadric is building the world’s first supercomputer designed for the real-time needs of edge devices. Quadric aims to empower developers in every industry with superpowers to create tomorrow’s technology, today. The company was co-founded by technologists from MIT and Carnegie Mellon, who were previously the technical co-founders of the Bitcoin computing company 21.
As the Hardware Architect, you will report into the CTO and define features across the entire architectural stack. This role is for a person who wants to have a broad impact and is not afraid of working in unfamiliar technology areas. You will be collaborating with software architects to co-optimize across the complete hardware-software stack. Quadric’s processor architecture revolutionizes computing by enabling state of the art algorithms at the Edge. As a key member of the product leadership team, you will provide oversight for the product roadmap and it’s realization feasibility. Additional responsibilities for this role include leading AI + HPC hardware architectural and microarchitectural pathfinding and requirements gathering with customers and users, designing novel processor features as well as system-on-chips..
- Own architecture definition & and the associated Power, Performance & Area (PPA)
- Gather requirements from customer and subsequent architecting and designing novel features for the next generation of the Quadric architecture
- Key technical leader in the areas of computer architecture
- Collaborate closely with software architects on architectural pathfinding, definition of system/hardware architectural specifications, and developing exciting multi-year hardware roadmap
- Drive principled, major technical decisions and perform feasibility analysis on architectural ideas
- Define best practices for high quality product engineering and conduct architectural reviews
- Collaborate with product leadership team to Possess keen awareness and ability to stay abreast of upcoming technical trends and internal roadmaps, including monitoring of latest AI research trends
- Contribute to full chip product cycle (front end, back-end, tapeout)
If making an impact and having a seat at the table is important to you, this is the opportunity for you. Join our small, rapidly-growing team at Quadric to develop supercomputer technology designed for the Edge. In this position, you will be a core member of our team, and will have an opportunity to grow in the company of expert technologists who also happen to be good people you’ll want to spend time with.
- M.S or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field (or equivalent experience).
- 10+ years of architecture experience in designing CPUs or GPUs.
- Deep knowledge of hardware and software stacks in the computing platform space e.g., CPUs/GPUs/accelerators.
- Proficiency in SystemC, SystemVerilog & C++
- Strong background in computer architecture
- Knowledge of design techniques for low power digital design
- Experience in building and delivering complex processors that include multiple blocks software SDK’s and co-optimized hardware.
- Experience with ASIL certification process is a plus
- Familiarity with software development, frameworks and methodology.
Quadric is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
What We Value:
Integrity, Humility, Happiness
What We Expect:
Initiative, Collaboration, Completion
What we will do:
- Provide competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Provide a politics-free community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate impact
- Provide an opportunity for you to build long term career relationships
- Foster an environment that allows for lasting personal relationships alongside professional ones
Something looks off?