Senior Frontend Engineer
Here at Shippo, we are the shipping layer of the internet and we consider ourselves to be one of the core building blocks of e-commerce.
Our mission is to make merchants successful through world class shipping. With our products and solutions, we level the playing field by providing our customers with best-in-class solutions that otherwise wouldn’t be available to them. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, platforms and a variety of logistics infrastructure providers are able to connect to shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. We provide our customers with the most competitive shipping rates, print labels, automated international documents, shipment tracking, facilitate the returns process and more.
How we’ll deliver success:
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will own the visitor journey, web conversion strategy, and all things related to the Shippo website. As a member of the engineering team, you will work jointly with the design team to create beautiful, interactive, and responsive web interfaces. You will lead in the implementation of the user interfaces, developing new pages end-to-end on your own or assisting and working with other team members in the implementation. Working with design, you will identify, propose and lead/help others develop reusable frontend components to improve consistency and look and feel of the web application. You’ll also collaborate with stakeholders across Marketing and other creative and technical teams within Shippo to create a highly differentiated customer site experience. You always stay up-to-date with the latest web technologies to deliver a superior experience while optimizing the website for search engines, building a plan to grow organic traffic, and improving web conversion rates to generate qualified leads.
Shipping & handling responsibilities:
- Provide early input to design team to streamline designs for implementation, participate in design reviews for new features, products, and systems
- Collaborate with the design team to build a tool for creating interactive interfaces and create rapid prototypes of design concepts as well as responsive and accessible designs
- Architect UI layer to maximize design and code reuse, lead in the implementation of a UI testing framework and tests, deploy new pages and features
- Mentor other team members and grow UI competencies in the engineering team, provide feedback to improve the usability of the product and reduce the complexity of the user interface
- Keep up-to-date with high performance best practices, conduct performance tests regularly, and optimize web pages continuously and evangelize the adoption of developments of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Serve as the primary contact for internal teams throughout project lifecycles from conception to launch to ensure they are on scope, hit timelines, and within budget.
- Establish Shippo web properties as a primary tool to educate prospects, increase conversions, and improve the customer experience.
- Build an ongoing roadmap that continually iterates, tests, and implements improvements to the customer’s site experience.
- Work cross-functionally to initiate web projects that help meet business objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners – including Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Content Marketing and Design – to implement SEO, Web and CRO best practices, and leverage cross-functional insights in planning and program development.
- Manage CMS (WordPress) and liaise with our web developer agency on website maintenance, updates, and issues when they arise.
- Work closely with RevOps team to oversee management of our web analytics tools (Google Data Studio), and use findings to provide relevant analysis and recommendations that drive acquisition.Conduct regular comprehensive keyword research and competitor analysis, and strategize with SEO agency to provide recommendations for SEO coding, structure, content, social, and linking best practices that improve organic rank for terms relevant to Shippo.
- Measure, evaluate, and report on all aspects of the web and communicate performance to the marketing team and other stakeholders
Do you tick the boxes?
- 8+ years of total engineering experience.
- 4+ years of experience in front-end application development
- Experience building and maintaining a codebase using a React client-side framework.
- A good understanding of REST principles and API Design, Working experience with integrating wide variety of API Calls
- Past experience and success creating extensible style library and organizing code for reuse and maintainability
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices for high-performance web sites
- Familiar with creating responsive web experiences leveraging browser and device capabilities, making use of emerging tools and best practices
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Interest and willingness to learn new frameworks and technologies.
- Interest in and understanding of security practices and test automation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate with non-technical team members with a deep understanding of customer needs and passion for customer success
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of B2B digital marketing experience, with expertise in web marketing, performance strategy or growth marketing.
- Proven track record driving strategy and execution of impactful web strategy and organic growth initiatives.
- Working knowledge of CMS (WordPress), web optimization, and web analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Ahrefs, and SEMRush.
- Knowledge conducting website experiments and managing A/B testing to maximize conversions, documenting final test results, and iterating on learnings.
- Proven success in utilizing analytics to measure performance, provide strategic recommendations, and determine next steps.
- Solid understanding of information architecture, user testing, interaction, and visual design.
- Experience leading design team, and comfort guiding visual brand look and feel.
- Ability to demonstrate project management prowess.
- Effective time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced organization, while maintaining a proactive, goal-oriented mindset.
- Strong ability to communicate clear recommendations and deliver concise and reliable reporting to external partners and within all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with e-commerce supply chain concepts and shipping technologies preferred but not required.
What's in the Shippo package?
- Healthcare coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents.
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy & flexible work hours
- Two week-long company wide shutdowns during summer and winter
- 3 Volunteer Days Off (VTOs)
- WFH stipend to set up your home office
- Charity donation match up to $100
- Dedicated programs, coaching, tools, and resources for your professional and career growth as well as an individual learning stipend for your personal and focused growth
- Fun team meet-ups through our Shippos everywhere program that includes regular team and company off-sites throughout the year as well as gatherings with your local Shippos
Our Compensation Shippolicy:
Here at Shippo, we believe compensation is a custom experience and we are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The standard base pay range for this role is min $60,350 to a max $81,650 annual salary. We tend to anchor our pay in the middle of this range ($71,000). Since we are focused on hiring Shippos Everywhere, we have different pay ranges for different geographies (the United States, Europe, LatAm, etc.).
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: financial budgets, work experience, training, transferable skills, business needs, and market value. The base pay salary ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Total compensation for this role will include, equity, medical, dental, vision and other benefits noted in our Shippos “package” section.
Sail through the process:
Here at Shippo, we celebrate inclusivity and are committed to creating equal access to opportunities for people from all backgrounds, perspectives and geographies. These values define who we are and everything we do. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com
Shippos in the wild:
Our people, much like the packages we help ship, are all over the world. This means, although the job's location is listed as Brazil, we can hire across other Central and South American markets through our remote-first program, “Shippos Everywhere”. For locations outside of the US and Ireland, the employment contracts are powered by Remote.com (all Shippo perks still apply - including equity!). This role can be based anywhere in Brazil or Mexico, however we will also consider great candidates across the Latin America region. What we want to emphasize is that you can be successful at Shippo regardless of location.
Something looks off?