Here at Shippo, we are the shipping layer of the internet and we consider ourselves to be one of the core building blocks of e-commerce.
Our mission is to make merchants successful through world class shipping. With our products and solutions, we level the playing field by providing our customers with best-in-class solutions that otherwise wouldn’t be available to them. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, platforms and a variety of logistics infrastructure providers are able to connect to shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. We provide our customers with the most competitive shipping rates, print labels, automated international documents, shipment tracking, facilitate the returns process and more.
How we’ll deliver success:
We are Shippo Accounting and have custody of Shippo’s assets, bills and pay our customers and vendors, respectively, and make sure everyone is paid -- standard startup accounting duties! This role directly supports our partner-facing sales team, and handles their operational and accounting needs. You will manage the weekly cross-functional meetings with Business Development Managers and Strategic Partner Managers, taking charge on the operational and accounting support for those teams while ensuring compliance with the ASC 606 policy. In this role, delivering success means being a detail-oriented team player who can manage interactions and expectations (e.g. what we can support with our current tech stack vs. what will be manual at launch vs. what we cannot support) with our Sales and Strategic Partnerships team.
Shipping & handling responsibilities
- Support fast-paced growth with a flexible mindset including over order-to-cash and related partner commissions
- Actively participate in monthly close activities including preparing journal entries and supporting schedules, performing flux analyses and reconciliations, as needed
- Thrive in ambiguity with the ability to reprioritize based on many business needs
- Research, conclude and document technical accounting positions, including ASC 606
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and enhance documentation and controls
- Support annual audits performed by external auditors
- Complete special projects as needed
Do you tick the boxes?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA a plus
- 4+ years experience, big 4 a plus
- Excellent prioritization skills and organization skills
- Tech savvy with strong Excel skills, SQL experience a plus
Our Compensation Shippolicy
We believe compensation is a custom experience and are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is a minimum $25,500 USD to a max $51,750 USD per year. We tend to anchor our pay in the middle of this range with most offers that we make.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: financial budgets, work experience, training, transferable skills, business needs, and market value. The base pay salary ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Total compensation for this role will include, equity, medical, dental, vision and other benefits noted in our Shippos “package” section.
What’s in the Shippo package?
- Healthcare coverage for medical, dental, and vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents). Pets coverage is also available!
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy & flexible working
- 3 Volunteer Days Off (VTOs)
- WFH stipend to set up your home office
- Charity donation match up to $100
- Dedicated programs, coaching, tools, and resources for your professional and career growth as well as an individual learning stipend for your personal and focused growth
Sail through the process:
Here at Shippo, we celebrate inclusivity and are committed to creating equal access to opportunities for people from all backgrounds, perspectives and geographies. These values define who we are and everything we do. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shippos in the wild:
Our people, much like the packages we help ship, are all over the world. This means, through our remote-first program, “Shippos Everywhere”, our roles can be based anywhere in the US with the exception of Delaware, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Hawaii, New Mexico and West Virginia and many roles can be based internationally.
For locations outside of the US and Ireland, the employment contracts are powered by Remote.com (all Shippo perks still apply - including equity!). What we want to emphasize is that you can be successful at Shippo regardless of location.