Who We Are
The Stensul Marketing Creation Platform™ reduces marketing asset creation time by up to 90% to help teams focus on improving campaign performance. With Stensul, teams launch campaigns faster by streamlining the collaboration process and simplifying creation for all marketers, so they can create marketing assets that drive results. Stensul integrates with all leading ESPs/MAPs, including Marketo, Oracle Eloqua, Adobe Campaign, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, as well as workflow platforms, image libraries, live content, link tracking, and messaging platforms. Top brands that trust Stensul to solve their most demanding email problems include AAA, BMW, Cisco, Demandbase, Equifax, Flywire, Greenhouse, Morgan Stanley, and Yahoo.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Controller to join our Finance team reporting directly to our VP of Finance. You will play a crucial role in the financial management of the company, including corporate accounting and tax, financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. We are looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic, startup environment.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting activities, including month-end close process, review of journal entries and account reconciliations, loan schedules and other balance sheet schedules, and preparation of ongoing analytics to understand variances and explain trends/fluctuations
- Develop, implement, and maintain strong accounting and related financial policies, processes, and control systems ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Serve as the primary owner and liaison for our year-end audit in partnership with external auditors, and researching technical accounting and compliance issues
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the stensul teams to drive the revenue recognition process and prepare revenue reporting and invoicing
- Own preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements and schedules
- Ensure sales tax compliance by preparing the proper sales tax invoicing and reviewing reporting in the related systems for our state level tax requirements
- Identify opportunities to create operational and process efficiencies including documentation and working cross-functionally to create repeatable, consistent best practices that are scalable
- Assist the VP of Finance in preparing the annual budget, monitor performance and providing reporting updates to the P&L owners.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings in collaboration with tax consultant
- Manage cash flow by monitoring receipts and disbursements and optimizing cash resources to meet operational needs
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of financial software systems and ensure the integrity and security of financial data.
- Collaborate with and manage the accounting team (e.g., Bookkeeper/AP/foreign subsidiary Accounting firm)
- Complete ad-hoc financial analysis projects
Who You Are
- 12+ years of relevant accounting experience with an ideal combination of public accounting in audit and private industry experience (SaaS preferred, but not required)
- CPA required
- Strong technical accounting skills, including experience with US GAAP revenue recognition practices (ASC 606), consolidation, and financial reporting
- You are self-directed and enjoy project management and solving difficult problems in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable building processes from scratch and building the plane while flying it
- Proficiency with Google Sheets, QuickBooks and/or other ERP systems like Netsuite, Sage Intacct, Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, Maxio, Avalara
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k), life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
- We are a growing company, so as we grow, YOU will grow!