Business Development Representative (BDR)
Torii is a fast-growing, VC-funded startup in one of the hottest emerging categories: SaaS Management. We help customers like Palo Alto Networks, AppsFlyer, HiBob, iFood, and Payoneer discover and act on every single cloud application in their portfolio. Torii is backed by leading venture capital firms including Wing Venture Capital, Global Founders Capital, Uncork Capital, Entree Capital and LocalGlobe.
We’re aiming to be the market leader in the SMP category by helping IT leaders solve new and growing challenges their companies face managing SaaS applications and internal tools.
About the Job
Torii (toriihq.com), recently named a G2 leader in both SaaS spend and SaaS operations management among SMPs is on a mission to reshape SaaS Management. Now more than ever IT teams are asked to do more with less, and yet their work is already overwhelming and mission critical to keeping businesses moving forward. SaaS adoption is also rapidly growing, making it more complicated for companies to get a handle of their tech stack. We connect to the client’s core systems to offer IT teams a one-stop shop to automate time-consuming tasks, cut their SaaS spend, and obtain quicker, actionable insights.
About the Role
Torii, a dynamic and innovative SaaS management platform, is seeking a motivated and results-driven Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our team! At Torii, we're revolutionizing the way organizations manage their software ecosystem, providing a comprehensive solution for optimizing costs and enhancing productivity.
As a BDR at Torii, you'll play a pivotal role in our outreach efforts, engaging with potential clients to introduce them to the value and efficiency our platform brings to their SaaS operations. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking company at the forefront of the SaaS management industry, contributing to our mission of simplifying the complexities of software management for businesses worldwide. If you're passionate about technology, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are eager to be part of a collaborative team, Torii is the place for you to accelerate your career in business development!
The ideal BDR has excellent communication skills, excels at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting up sales opportunities for success. You will specialize in sourcing sales from outbound efforts. If you are entrepreneurial, passionate, coachable, a hard worker, and willing to cold call, you could be the right fit!
You will work closely with the Sales & Marketing Teams to build a qualified pipeline for the business by identifying target prospects through a variety of online research methods. You will perform analysis of inbound and outbound prospects’ business and engage with these prospects by phone and/or email/other strategic platforms.
In order to do this job well, the Business Development Representative must be analytical, metrics driven, and able to identify business challenges and articulate the Torii value proposition to prospects. Your professional judgment will allow you to carry on a conversation with C-Level and VP level executives at mid-sized and Fortune 500 organizations.
How You Will Ramp:
By Day 30...
- You’ll have completed the Business Development Representative training program where you’ll learn about Torii’s values and culture, get equipped with various sales techniques and gain a basic understanding of Torii’s SaaS Management Platform, the competition, and the transformational outcomes we help customers achieve across ALL industries
- You’ll work through qualifying leads to begin having meaningful conversations with prospects, start prospecting into accounts, and working with leadership to ensure you have a strong foundation to continue building upon after day 30.
- You will book your first qualified call
- You’ll craft a strategic account penetration plan for your book of business along with creating new campaigns for leads and begin actively driving new opportunities
- You’ll strengthen your skills and product knowledge with regular one on one coaching
- You’ll achieve 50% of a fully ramped quota
- You’ll be an integral part of the sales team and essential to its revenue success.
- You’ll have a firm grasp on sales best practices
- You’ll achieve 100% of a fully ramped quota
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Quick learner with a growth mindset, highly motivated, and can showcase our offering in a compelling way.
- You have a demonstrated track record of success in generating leads and opportunities preferably at a SaaS company
- Experience with cloud-based, SaaS products
- Self starter, highly motivated, and success driven
- You’ve created high-quality campaigns and engaged potential customers
- Strategic and creative mindset for prospecting
- You have experience with "cold" outreach into strategic accounts / contacts and developing relationships
- Previous BDR experience focused on strategic outreach via LinkedIn, email, and cold calling
- Early stage Startup experience
- Familiar with Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Zoominfo
- Experience prospecting into IT departments
What You'll Love About Us!
- You will be part of the Sales team at Torii, breaking new ground on a white-hot new category that every single IT person in the world needs
- You will be part of a dynamic team and have the privilege to work for a company that is building the infrastructure of the future.
- Our product is used internationally by companies like Stash, Palo Alto Networks, and many others!
- Remote First
- 100% fully paid health, vision, and dental benefits for you AND 80% coverage for your family
- Employee Share Options in Torii
- Generous vacation policy to encourage a health work-life balance
- Unlimited Sick, Medical, Mental Health + Safe Leave
- 401k with 6% Safe Harbor Match to support your financial future
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- New Hire IT Hardware - MacBook, Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor
- A sweet $300 WFH Stipend that you accrue to own
The salary range displayed is an OTE consisting of base and variable pay. Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Torii is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Torii does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.