Upwave: The Analytics Platform for Brand Advertising.
Upwave is the leading analytics software platform for brand advertising. We give brands, agencies, and media companies a unified, cross-media solution to measure brand advertising campaigns. Providing a real-time view of brand advertising investment, Upwave’s platform allows advertisers to optimize TV, CTV, digital, addressable, and cross-channel campaigns towards audience accuracy, reach, and brand lift, all with both campaign-level and multi-campaign views of the data.
Our customers are Fortune 500 companies across multiple verticals - including CPG, food & beverage, consumer technology & telecom, and financial services - as well as the world’s largest advertising agencies and media platforms and publishers.
We are unapologetically supportive of brand advertising, and work hard every day to prove its value; we know if companies can measure the value of those dollars, they’ll spend more. Brand advertising pays for not only the movies we watch and music we hear, but the journalism we read and the information we access. In short, brand advertising supports the free flow of information through society. So, we’re proud to be the first company dedicated to using data science to show the true effectiveness of brand advertising.
We are backed by leading venture investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Initialized Capital, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Industry Ventures, Conductive Ventures,) and leading AdTech founders & CEOs.
We’re a humble but ambitious team. We take our work seriously but never ourselves. Come join us.
What you will do:
The Enterprise Sales Director is the engine for Upwave’s business. Our senior individual contributor sales people are running complex sales cycles with a very technical product. Our sales people have deep expertise in Adtech, Martech, and programmatic platforms and understand how to sell cross functionally and leverage the internal Upwave team to close business. This is a senior level sales role for our New York market, selling our brand analytics platform to media sales organizations as well as agencies and marketers who rely on us to do their job effectively.
- You have 10+ years of experience as an enterprise seller working with the largest national/global publishers and platforms (DSPs) who sell to blue-chip brands and their agencies, and a deep understanding of how to engage multiple publisher teams and partners to get deals done
- You’ve used analytics in support of media sales, ideally having sold media analytics directly.
- You know how to run multi-month sales cycles at the same time at high levels of an organization selling to media, sales and analytics VPs, SVPs and C-level executives and you don’t shy away from a technical sale.
- You have experience selling and contracting a software platform with annual or multi-year licenses and subscriptions.
- You’re a digital native; programmatic marketing and technology platforms linking buy and sell side platforms are familiar to you. You know what ARR, ACV, and LTV mean and understand how these are aligned with a growing SaaS company.
- You’re comfortable talking about marketing metrics with customers. And, you understand the top of the funnel. When faced with customers focused on mid-funnel or bottom-funnel metrics like CPCV or CPA, you can help tie those back to a bigger picture about brand building.
- You are motivated by big growth targets and big, uncapped, commissions.
- Hustle is in your DNA. You are thoughtful & introspective about your sales approach; it bothers you when people don’t consider sales an intellectual pursuit. Strategy is an integral part of your sales cycle.
- The startup world is not foreign to you. You know how to sell a product without a huge name and huge marketing budgets behind you. More importantly, you understand and appreciate how processes can be ever-changing and ambiguity can be the norm. You are a self-starter, can find answers yourself, and don’t always need someone to show you what to do next.
You will be required to be based in the New York area.
The annual base salary range for this role is $120,000 to $150,000 + commission + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for the new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Upwave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.