Vidyard is the video platform that's built for business. Sales reps, marketers, and corporate communicators use Vidyard to record and share videos that grab attention and deliver their message in a personal, impactful way. It's the video tool of choice for Microsoft, LinkedIn, and thousands of other companies. We're passionate about elevating our customers, our teammates, our communities, and ourselves.
About the Role
Vidyard is looking for Canadian based Account Manager to join our Account Management Team. This position will report into the Director of Account Management. The role is focused on our Commercial customer segment of our business and will be focused on growing & retaining the revenue of our customer base. The Account Management role will be responsible for the exchange of value with all Vidyard customer accounts, specifically focused on the commercial aspects of their accounts. This role is integral to ensure there is an account strategy with each customer, including a complete understanding of what value the customer is getting from their Vidyard account, while also finding new selling opportunities across the customer account, both cross-sell and upsell. This function will act as the quarter-back to organize cross-functional internal resources to ensure our customers are successful using the Vidyard product.
About the Team
The revenue team at Vidyard set’s high expectations for themselves and is driven by the success of our customers and prospects. We are always working to better our experience through constant learning, feedback and training.
What You’ll Work On
- Own and manage a territory of high-value and complex Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers
- Creation and execution of structured account plans designed to help our customers understand the value they’re receiving from their Vidyard usage, with the goal to expand Vidyards solutions within and across our customers teams, departments and subsidiaries.
- Uncover & close opportunities for cross-sell and upsell, working through deal cycles with customers to drive revenue growth within your territory
- Accountable for prospecting & expansion activity metrics that are proven to drive upsell & cross-sell opportunities
- Lead the renewal negotiation process directly with customers from requirements gathering to the finalization of agreements
- Actively coordinate with Customer Success to address at-risk customers, negotiating renewals to mitigate downsell or churn
- Engage with an account team in a high-touch multi-threaded approach, including executive business reviews, to drive engagement across numerous customer stakeholders
- Coordinate with internal team members in Customer Success and Product to help drive adoption, success, and growth.
- Be invested in the success of your customers as this position is tied to ”New Revenue” and “Gross Retention”
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement in our CRM, while creating and maintaining satisfied customers.
- Understand client business industry dynamics and competitors, and be able to present our products inside-out to different external stakeholders.
- Establish and grow relationships with key decision-makers, and influencers within your customer base
As an Account Manager You Can Expect to:
- Take initiative to ensure our customers understand the value they get from Vidyard
- Act with urgency in all customer interactions, taking action internally as needed
- Be a strong, constructive communicator and open collaborator both internally and externally
- Always be looking to grow personally and professionally
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- 2 years minimum experience in a sales role in a MM or Enterprise AE or AM position at a B2B SaaS company
- Experience in Account management and strategic selling
- Experience in complex solution sales process into VP level decision-makers in Marketing, IT, Sales and Procurement.
- Record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Extremely process-driven in your sales methodology.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to blend technology vision and business strategy to deepen client relationships.
- Strong ability to quickly understand basic technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience in the Marketing and Sales tech ecosystem
- Technically sound in computer skills. Familiarity with CRM applications / Salesforce
- Problem Solver
- Team player who will make decisive decisions
Our Tech Stack
Job descriptions can be overwhelming. We are all aboard at Vidyard and deeply value the unique experiences, abilities and opinions you possess, so if this role sounds like your next adventure, but you don’t feel entirely qualified, apply! We value candidates who own it, and if you’re relentlessly resourceful too, you might be exactly who we are looking for.
As we also value direct and transparent communication, you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love about Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what's important to you
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
*Benefits described are Canadian specific, if you’re located in another country our Talent team will speak with you about localized benefits for you.
Remote @ Vidyard:
As a video-centric organization, Vidyard has mastered the art of remote work. Whether you are local to our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, or you join us from elsewhere in Canada, you will be an integral part of the team.
Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace.
- Socialize purposefully within teams as well as across the organization.
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule. We know your time is valuable, so own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle.
We believe working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers, so from onboarding to day-to-day operations, your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes from Agencies will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify us at email@example.com.
Something looks off?