Senior Sales Engineer - US
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Who we are
Aizon is an AI software provider that transforms manufacturing operations using advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and other smart factory technologies. Our mission is to improve global health in order to change patients’ lives. We aim to do that by optimizing the way medicines are manufactured so that pharma and biotech companies can provide patients worldwide with the right medicine at the right time and at the right price. We are based in thriving San Francisco and sunny Barcelona, with customers and partners spanning the globe.
We are looking for new team members who share our values: trust, customer-centricity, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and passion.
We are embarking on an important journey, working to contribute to something impactful and new in the Life Sciences industry!
Aizon is a software as a service provider that transforms manufacturing operations in life science industries using advanced analytics and artificial intelligence.
Following our recent Series C round of growth funding, we are looking for ambitious new team members who are motivated to have a direct impact on our future growth and success as we launch what we consider “Aizon 3.0”.
Aizon is helping pharma manufacturers and CDMO’s make better decisions in GMP operations.
- What makes us different from other manufacturing platforms? We help operations leaders and engineers avoid endless cycles of chasing data in disparate and heavy-handed systems and rapidly gain a deeper understanding of how to run their manufacturing processes better.
- We’re solving multiple problems in GMP operations that cost manufacturers millions every year, while accelerating their digital maturity journey - including the unique ability to operationalize the use of predictive AI models in real-time without a big data science staff.
- We’re backed by both industry and software investor firms like NewVale Capital, Atlantic Bridge, Danaher, Honeywell, CrossLink and UnCork with strong industry and technology expertise.
Our mission is to improve global health by optimizing the way medicines are manufactured so that pharma and biotech companies can provide patients worldwide with the right medicine at the right time and at the right price.
Join us if you are motivated by making a direct impact on our company's success and growth path forward, and more importantly - by making a positive contribution to the life science industry and deserving patients around the world.
The Position & Key Responsibilities
- Reporting to the VP of Technical Sales & Partnership, the Sr. Sales Engineer we are looking for is a highly motivated, ambitious and proactive pre-sales professional that can successfully persuade a range of technical stakeholders at life science manufacturers to transform their operations with Aizon’s leading AI-powered SaaS platform.
- We offer a unique opportunity for the right person to make a real difference on a small but ambitious team, including a direct path to impact the company’s growth journey.
- Understanding Client Needs: Delve deep into understanding our customers. As you engage with technical stakeholders and a range of positions of levels of seniority, you'll position Aizon as the go-to manufacturing platform, showcasing how we can transform their operations.
- Create and deliver powerful situational product demonstrations validating how the product solves specific prospect problems and demonstrating the uniqueness of our value proposition
- Powerful Communication Skills: Your client-facing communication skills will shine as you not only overcome obstacles but build strong stakeholder engagement. You'll effortlessly convey complex concepts, making them accessible to both business and technical minds.
- Team Synergy: Work closely with the VP of Technical Sales, the entire sales, consulting and product teams. Your collaborative spirit will shape account-based sales strategies, contributing to the continuous improvement of our sales playbook.
- Enable Sales team with training programs and tools, roll out new product releases and updates, and build and maintain demonstration environments.
- Provide feedback to Product and Engineering teams on what works and what doesn't about new features and the real needs of customer operations and use of the Aizon platform
- Drive effective responses to vendor qualification requests and RFP’s
- Pre-sales acumen - several years of experience leading technical sales efforts for enterprise software with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding targets; the perfect candidate will have proven experience selling into Pharma/BioTech manufacturing
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Outstanding communication and presentations skills, including ability to build executive-level rapport and develop internal champions
- Life science industry and manufacturing experience - acronyms like ERP, MES, LIMS, QMS, GxP, eBR and historians are part of your daily conversations, and you are familiar with regulations and standards such as FDA 21CFR11, ICH guidelines, and GAMP 5
- Understanding of manufacturing data sources and relevant manufacturing industry data model standards such as ISA-88, ISA-95 and the Purdue reference model
- Detailed knowledge of communication protocols (MQTT, HTTP, TCP/IP, Proxy, etc), programming languages and SQL
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the hunger to succeed; act with a ownership mindset and have urgency, grit, and the willingness to get work done
- Curiosity - know how to ask the right questions and listen to understand, with outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborative in a team environment across multiple geographies and time zones
- Willingness to travel on a frequent and regular basis, per business needs
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Good understanding of Industry 4.0 concepts and principles, as well as cloud platforms (AWS), SaaS, JSON, Python
- Basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence algorithms, and knowledge in statistics
- Experience with active participation in industry organizations such as ISPE and PDA
- Easy going personality, with positive energy and a sense of humor
The Human We’re Looking For
- You don't compromise. You take pride in and never compromise the quality of your work, even under great constraints.
- You’re agile. You understand working at a startup will involve constantly changing priorities, and you are able to adapt and shift focus accordingly.
- You’re humble, and self-motivated. This job will ask a lot from you, and we hope you’re excited by a chance to grow into a new space, own large projects independently, and push the limits of your knowledge.
- You’re judicious, knowing when to push forward and when to pull back. We’re a small team and judicious about where we spend our time. You should evaluate the trade-offs involved in individual pursuits to say when it’s (not) wise. You should also know when to work independently and make a decision — versus bringing a question to the team.
- You’re delighted by difficult problems. Previously-unsolved challenges give you energy. You can think abstractly to help you find the most efficient ways to solve them, and feel accomplished when you do.
- You’re lean and deadline-oriented. You scope your work to help others understand if deadlines are achievable, and then you execute, execute, execute.
What We Offer:
- Unique opportunity to join our company as it scales with excellent market traction and huge potential to grow globally
- Competitive salary (according to your experience/skills)
- Equity, bonuses, and generous stock options
- Flexible schedule
- Language one-to-one training courses
- Competitive healthcare plans and benefits
- Internal training and certifications plan
- Career plan and scheduled salary reviews
- Team Building Activities
- Top-notch "tech pack" – We are Mac lovers!
- An open and collaborative work environment with a young and dynamic team and a very international culture
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory
Join our team and make a significant impact on the growth and success of our company as we revolutionize the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. Apply now and be part of our journey to transform the way pharmaceutical companies operate.
We are committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel mutual respect and are contributing to the good of society. We are a group of creators with diverse backgrounds (over 23 different citizenships in our company) and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org