We empower people to innovate and develop amazing solutions
The Senior Accountant is our first accounting hire at Alchemy and will work closely with the VP of Finance. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to scale up in their accounting career. The role will provide broad experience across financial statement accounts and will include both technical accounting and operational responsibilities.
Our VP of Finance hails from Ernst & Young LLP and served in a variety of Controller and FP&A roles at several SaaS companies. Mia looks forward to bringing in a candidate eager to grow their experience and career.
A successful candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment and have strong organization skills. In addition, this position is responsible for effectively executing policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions in accordance with GAAP.
What you will be working on?
- Execute accounting functions including billing, accounts payable, cash receipts, payroll, and general ledger
- Perform day to day vendor invoice review for proper cost classification and accounting treatment
- Perform revenue recognition accounting
- Execute monthly financial close accordance with US GAAP, including account reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and significant income statement accounts
- Perform monthly and ad-hoc analyses of financial trends
- Assist in the preparation of various supporting schedules and analyses for internal financial, external financial, tax, and audit including audited financial statements
- Assist with maintaining and scaling our accounting and reporting process
- Drive efficiencies by leveraging automation and process flows
- Collaborate and serve as a liaison to other departments on accounting matters, including but not limited to international accounting firm, IT, HR, marketing, sales, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or related field
- Big 4 Experience a plus
- 3+ years of accounting experience, preferred CPA
- Working knowledge of accounting ERPs like Netsuite or Intacct
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoys collaboration and teamwork
- Organizational skills
- Ability to solve practical problems where limited procedures exist
Alchemy is a cloud-based software designed to help the $1 trillion specialty chemicals industry embrace digital transformation to accelerate innovations in chemistry. Founded in 2016 with dual headquarters in San Francisco and Novi Sad, our research and development activities take place USA, Serbia and Brazil.
Passion. Ambition. Customer Love. Continuous Improvement. Teamwork.
Something looks off?