Business Intelligence Analyst
Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility care platform, serving people of every age, race, income, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, and geography. Trusted by hundreds of multinational employers, health plans, and health systems, Carrot's comprehensive clinical program delivers industry-leading cost savings for employers and award-winning experiences for millions of people worldwide. Whether there is a need for care through fertility preservation, male-factor infertility, pre-pregnancy, IVF, pregnancy and postpartum, adoption, gestational surrogacy, or menopause, Carrot supports members and their families through many of the most memorable and meaningful moments of their lives. With Carrot, you can pursue your possible.
Carrot is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our rapidly growing Business Intelligence function as it scales to meet - and anticipate - the needs of the organization and its clients: we solve mission-critical, complex data and analytics problems and we need your help. This is an executional role providing essential support across the organization: you will gather requirements, field ad-hoc and regular data requests, develop reporting dashboards and help us level-up our business intelligence capabilities. Specific job responsibilities will include:
- Designing and building data models in SQL with a focus on correctness, clarity and reusability
- Building dashboards and reports to track key business metrics and inform decision-making across the company
- Conducting ad-hoc analyses as needed to answer important business questions
- Collaborating with other teams to understand their data domains and reporting needs
The Business Intelligence team is a highly cross-functional team that is central to Carrot’s long-term success. The team is led by the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence and sits alongside Data Engineering and Data Science.
- Intermediate-to-advanced SQL experience: ability to write advanced SQL queries using joins, common table expressions, and window/analytic functions
- Basic statistics proficiency: experiment design, hypothesis testing, statistical significance, split- and multivariate testing, probability and distributions
- Knowledge of visualization techniques and when to apply them
- Experience working with data visualization software (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, DOMO) to bring data insights to life for broad audiences
- Able to translate business intelligence needs from a variety of stakeholders into the technical execution and presentation
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Experience using dbt to transform, test and document data
- Experience in a high-growth environment
- Experience working with healthcare industry data
- Working knowledge of Python for data analysis
- Experience working with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Understanding of effective data modeling strategies and implementations
Carrot offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work, including health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, short- and long-term incentives, parental leave, family-forming assistance, and a competitive compensation package. The starting base salary for this position will range from $90,000-$110,000. Actual compensation may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
Carrot has received national and international recognition for its pioneering work, including Best Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Product from the Anthem Awards, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's 100 Barrier Breaking Startups, and more. Carrot is regularly featured in media reporting on issues related to the future of work, women in leadership, healthcare innovation and diversity, equity, and inclusion, including MSNBC, The Economist, Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, National Public Radio, Harvard Business Review, and more.
Carrot is a remote-first company with teams in more than 40 states across the United States and dozens of countries around the world. It has received numerous workplace awards, including Fortune's Best Workplaces in Healthcare, Quartz’s Best Companies for Remote Workers, and Great Place to Work and Age-Friendly Employer certifications. Learn more at carrotfertility.com.