Creative Director, Copywriting
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
Iteratively develop our brand voice, tone, and copywriting style across all touchpoints (in-product and outside of it) and build the world’s most talent-dense copywriting team. You’ll lead this team as both a peer and a manager — leading copywriting work across some of our most important projects, while ensuring your team is supported and challenged by their work.
We’re looking for an incredible creative leader to help us build the world’s leading brand on par with Apple, Airbnb, Nike, and Tesla built entirely around kids, families, and education.
You will be a match if:
- You have 15+ years of copywriting experience
- You have 5+ years of team leadership and management experience
- Deep experience in brand and marketing copywriting
- Comfort writing across touch points — from tiny bits of copy that appear within UI to expansive landing pages that live online
You might be a good fit if:
- You’re a student of great copywriting work as well as the tactics of framing and influence
- You’re relentless in your focus on doing incredible work
- You can break down why a bit of copy works and why that was the right approach
- You can’t stop thinking about how to make that headline stronger or more interesting
- Your leadership style is a combination of hands-on work and team leadership
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.