Executive Assistant to the CEO
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you'll do:
As EA to the CEO, you will be the right hand to the CEO. Your mission will be to make the CEO’s office operate with superhuman effectiveness as ClassDojo grows to our next order of magnitude, while deepening love for our brand. You’ll be a close partner to the CEO, and the rest of the executive team. Some specific outcomes you might achieve:
- You’ll create systems for leverage: optimize calendar to ensure the CEO’s time and energy are spent in the highest-leverage ways.
- You’ll own 100% of professional and personal administrative tasks with 100% reliability and good judgment.
- You’ll supercharge the CEO’s relationships by helping him proactively build and maintain his network.
- You’ll ensure clear, proactive communication from the CEO’s office, internal and external to the company.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have experience and muscle memory supporting a high-functioning CEO. You have developed good judgment and intuition in the face of new problems.
- You are a strong structured problem-solver, and are relentless about finding ways to get things done.
- You are a scrappy builder and doer. You thrive in non-hierarchical, fast-paced environments, and are able to achieve results in the face of ambiguity.
- You are a systems-thinker, and you enjoy conceiving and setting up simple, smart systems that get your executive leverage.
- You are highly organized, with strong project management skills, and superb attention to detail. You reliably close loops, and don’t drop any balls.
- You bring a high degree of emotional intelligence and maturity, and interpersonal skill; you are able to build trust quickly, and anticipate needs before they are made explicit.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and can communicate naturally and confidently at all levels—from junior staff to Board members and VIPs.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy moving faster than is comfortable. You get things done.
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo's $125m Series D (Forbes) and Sam’s note about it.
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
- ClassDojo's Second Act Comes with First Profits (TechCrunch) and Sam's note about it.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.
Something looks off?