Senior Customer Success Manager, APAC
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a global work environment that empowers people to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our physical office locations include San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand.
About the Role
You will be responsible for enabling customers post-sales, driving adoption within their organization and ensuring high retention and account growth. You will bring strong relationship-building experience, strategic thinking, product knowledge, and empathy toward ensuring the customer’s success. Key to this role is the ability to map the customer journey with platform capability and expand the DroneDeploy licenced user footprint across our strategic customers’ multiple lines of business.
This role works directly with our customers and sales team, as their trusted advisor, product expert, and advocate. Our ideal candidates love nurturing customer relationships and driving value through experience, problem-solving and innovations.
- Onboarding and enabling enterprise customers, whilst optimizing time to value with the DroneDeploy platform solutions
- Experienced in Strategic Account Planning: Identify and proactively manage all trends in customer base adoption and assess potential churn risk, and provide guidance/action plans to customers to increase adoption and value
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships with stakeholders and users in your customer portfolio
- Act as the voice of the customer, advocating the customer’s point of view and providing detailed internal feedback to cross-functional teams regarding how DroneDeploy can better serve our customers, improve their experience, and better the customers’ outcomes with our services
- Co-manage the renewals process with aligned Account Executive and accurately forecast renewals for aligned customer base to achieve high net retention numbers
- Identify account expansion and cross-organizational opportunities for growth and work with your Enterprise Account Executive counterpart to ensure a successful close
- Impart strategic leadership and direction on all aspects of DroneDeploy products and services
- Ensure any account issues are resolved quickly, utilizing resources from across Technical Support, Sales, Engineering, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing, B2B role with Customer Success, Account Management, or other client-facing roles
- Proven track record in managing Enterprise customer relationships and delivering results
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth B2B SaaS technology environment, support Enterprise software
- Data-driven and strategic thinker who is able to consult with customers to drive adoption within their program
- Exceptional ability in organization, project management, time management, and communication skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Diligence and organization in follow-up processes - document all calls/customer interactions in CRM
- Experience working cross-functionally alongside Sales, Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Executive teams
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk, Jira, and other similar SaaS products a plus
- Must be able to travel 25-50% of the time for customer on-site
- Must be able to travel Internationally
- Background in the AEC, energy & renewables, and agricultural industries a plus
- Background in GIS or photogrammetry a plus
- Work Location | The preferred location is Sydney, working 3x days per week in the office. However, we are open to candidates who can work remotely from Australia.
- Able to work between Monday - Friday, 9 - 5 pm AEST
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location & country)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal-opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.