Account Executive, Territory - Energy/Emerging
Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Build with certainty, operate with confidence. That’s why thousands of construction, oil and gas, and renewable energy companies use DroneDeploy on a daily basis. We help them automate reality capture using drones, robots, and 360 cameras – combining this data in one platform for AI-powered analysis. From aerial and ground views of construction progress to automated gauge readings and methane leak detection, DroneDeploy is shaping the future of reality capture.
At DroneDeploy, we thrive in a remote-first culture, powered by innovation. Growth is limitless, and employee contributions matter. With accolades as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and a spot on America’s Best Startups list, our team is dynamic, purpose-driven, and dedicated to delivering top-tier reality capture software. We cultivate an environment of opportunity. Our dynamic growth is fueled by the diverse range of ideas nurtured by our team. This is why our commitment to internal advancement is profound. A multitude of paths for professional and personal development are available, where flexible schedules, family-friendly benefits, and remote work options propel our team's journey.
We’re hiring an experienced Enterprise Account Executive - in our Energy/Emerging group to join our established sales team. In this role, you’ll report to the Vice President of Enterprise Sales and will be responsible for growing our revenue focused on Mid Market and Enterprise companies. You must have a history of exceeding your sales quota, continuously and substantially. You are comfortable and confident building a pipeline of business as a result of outbound prospecting to drive net new logo acquisition and expansion business. You also have experience navigating through complex organizations and selling to multiple decision-makers, including the C-Suite. This is a 100% remote position.
- Develop a business plan to identify, engage and create opportunities with target accounts
- Effectively partner with an SDR to source, qualify and engage leads with appropriate resources
- Manage the entire sales process from open to close by driving strategy, content and resources
- Conduct high level conversations with C- Level and VP Level executives
- Develop and maintain business within existing accounts while driving the upsell and expansion strategy
- Utilize Salesforce.com to provide timely and accurate sales activity tracking and status updates
- Work strategically with management to deliver forecasts, identify trending opportunities / challenges, and provide recommended solutions
- Keep current with product, messaging, competition and industry/segment
- 5+ years of Enterprise SaaS sales experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience selling into Energy (e.g.Utilities, Renewables and Oil & Gas) or landfill, Property Management/Roofing, Insurance services
- Ability to create new and leverage established relationships within the “C” suite
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent team player
- Self-motivated, driven and results-oriented
- Thrive in a competitive, ever-changing entrepreneurial environment
- Record of meeting (and exceeding) sales quotas
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, and closing skills
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience
- Work Hours able to work Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm in your coverage region
- Work Location - 100% remotely from home
- Travel | available to travel domestically up to 50% for work-related events such as conferences, company in-person gatherings, pieces of training
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.