Account Executive (Canada)
Remote in the GTA
OTE: $400-500k CAD (no cap); average deal size >$1m ACV
About the Company
Focal Systems is the industry leader in retail AI solutions. We are a Silicon Valley based startup that has more than doubled in size every year since inception. Our mission is to automate and optimize brick and mortar retail using deep learning computer vision. We have been deployed at scale with the top retailers in the world. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate people who love to learn, enjoy thinking critically, and want to help build a great and enduring company!
Focal has a repeatable sales process and playbook that is proven with the largest retailers in the world. We want to expand to every major retailer in the world and beyond. We are looking for an account executive to join our sales team to manage key accounts and regions. We are looking for a results driven Account Executive to deliver revenue growth through consultative selling into leading Canadian retailers. This person will be responsible for generating opportunities with net new retailers and existing clients. This candidate must have a track record of hitting quota selling enterprise technology solutions. Reporting to the VP of Sales, this candidate will be a key player in Focal’s go-to-market team tasked with executing value-based selling and coordinating complex enterprise deals.
- Intimately understand the needs of our retail customers in order to prescribe solutions to solve those problems
- Initiate and develop long-term trusted relationships with key named accounts in your territory
- Orchestrate internal teams to support complex sales cycles
- Use prospecting techniques to build pipeline and reach decision makers
- Ability to clearly articulate the ROI of our solutions
- Develop and execute account plans
- Maintain accurate opportunity forecasts
- Implement mutual action plans with customers to ensure timelines are met
- Qualify opportunities to focus company resources effectively
- 4 year BS/BA degree with GPA >3.3
- 5+ years in enterprise technology sales
- Consistent quota attainment
- Proven ability to develop and manage complex sales cycle
- Excellent communication, presentation and demonstration skills
- Creative, outside the box thinker
- Accountability to your output and a hunger to crush your number
- Self-starter with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to be a part of a transformational company
- Knowledge of retail, mass merchandise, home improvement, and/or grocery operations, along with the associated information technology stack such as shopper-facing apps, back-room inventory management, and/or retail POS systems is a plus but not required
- Ability to oversee negotiations and contract management
- Experience with data analytics/business intelligence
We care deeply about the health, happiness, and wellbeing of all of our employees.
- Competitive salary
- Stock that will be actually worth something!
- Health Insurance
- Catered lunches
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly Team Retreats
- Education grants
- Large equity grants in a fast growing startup
- OTE Compensation plan
Something looks off?