Senior Platform Engineer
Fountain is the market leader in high volume hiring with solutions that enable customers to get ahead of their hiring goals. Fountain’s all-in-one software allows companies to find and hire the right candidates faster. Our automated and customizable platform provides a seamless applicant experience while ensuring organizations have pipelines full of hourly talent who are ready to work.
Hundreds of customers, including Stitch Fix, GoPuff, Fetch, and sweetgreen, use Fountain to hire over 3 million workers annually in more than 75 countries.
In 2022, we closed $185M in our Series C, led by Softbank and B Capital, which 4.5Xed our valuation. Join our growing team of collaborative, compassionate, and unconventional Fountaineers as we empower our customers to exceed their hiring goals and open opportunities for the hourly workforce.
We are looking for a Platform Engineer with expertise spanning DevOps, infrastructure automation, and software engineering with notable expertise in CI/CD pipeline design and release management. The ideal candidate is passionate about performance, reliability, efficiency, and has the ability to automate and optimize every facet of the SDLC. This role requires a professional who can closely collaborate with our infrastructure, security, development, and QA teams to ensure the seamless integration and deployment of our software and platforms, as well as providing the technical leadership to keep our reliability efforts up to industry standards.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality, and security of our services and platforms in collaboration with application developers
- Reduce lead-time for infrastructure delivery and changes in the Cloud through intelligent automation and self-service platforms
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions, CircleCI, and Apache Airflow, ensuring streamlined code deployments and release management
- Work closely with data sources such as PostgreSQL, Redis, and ElasticSearch, ensuring optimal configuration, integration, and performance
- Collaborate with various teams to establish standard operating procedures and best practices, aiming for a balance between security, agility, and cost-effectiveness
- Diagnose and troubleshoot in-app and infrastructure-related issues
- Provide support for IT systems, including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution across a range of devices
- Offer Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis, resolution and Engage in blameless RCA
- Integrate new technologies into both new and existing systems while ensuring smooth transition and migration processes
- Lead the architectural strategy, rollout, and optimization of IaaS-hosted workloads and products in cloud environments
- Build robust in-app and infrastructure monitoring and alerting platforms ensuring optimal user experience and uptime
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
What you should bring:
- Extensive SDLC experience with strong development or systems programming background
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps/SRE, platform engineering, or similar role
- Proficiency in a general-purpose programming language such as Ruby, Node, Python or Go
- Hands-on experience in designing and optimizing CI/CD pipelines, especially with GitHub Actions, CircleCI, and Apache Airflow
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve infrastructure issues
- Strong experience with Terraform, including the ability to create reusable modules
- Familiarity with at least two public cloud providers: AWS (preferred), and Azure, or GCP
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Helm, and Linux operating systems
- Experience operating, administering, and scaling relational and non-relational databases (Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools like Datadog, Cloudwatch, Splunk, Prometheus, etc
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- B.S. in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with Rails
- Familiarity with Chaos Engineering Practices
Salary Range: $156,000 - 225,000 USD
Even if you do not meet all the requirements above, we still encourage you to apply for this position. While we try to be thorough with our prerequisites, not everything about you as a candidate can be condensed into a list of bullet points. What do you have to lose?
Fountain offers an incredibly unique work environment. We employ a diverse team all over the world. Each Fountaineer is given the freedom to do their best work from wherever they choose. We also understand the importance of in-person connections and hold in-person meetings with your team and meet annually as an organization to build our relationships and focus on the future of moving Fountain Forward.
The benefits we offer in the United States include competitive health plans and a retirement plan. Some Fountain-wide perks offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, monthly lunch stipends, annual allowances for ongoing education related to your profession and career advancement, along with home office, cell phone, and wellness reimbursements. Fountain is a global employer, so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
Fountain is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.