Technical Solutions Architect
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Front is on a mission to enable better relationships at scale. Relationships are everything in business, but they’re hard to maintain as a business grows because traits like trust, compassion, and empathy are human qualities that have been difficult for technology to scale. We’ve reimagined the way businesses communicate by bringing customer conversations to the center of one’s focus. Today, nearly 8,000 businesses have discovered that they can still grow their business and keep the human touch.
With $204M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
Front is looking for a Technical Solutions Architect to join a world-class Solutions & Services organization. As a Technical Solutions Architect at Front, you’ll develop deep technical product expertise and play a critical role in defining, designing, and implementing creative technical solutions that expand the reach of Front’s platform to connect and interface with 3rd party applications and systems.
As a technical point of contact for the Go-To-Market organization, you will be responsible for solving high-priority and strategic problems for the business and our customers, often in collaboration with product, engineering, and design teams.
This role will require you to operate dynamically, shifting between customer-facing interactions to creative technical solutioning. On any given day, you could be strategizing with a relationship manager on feature adoption for top customers, presenting ROI to a room full of C-level executives, writing up a product spec for a professional service engagement, or partnering with product to influence the new features.
If this sounds interesting to you, keep reading!
What will you be doing?
- Understand Front’s API inside and out so you can come up with creative solutions and confidently guide customers through them
- Partner with relationship managers to engage with our top customers and ensure they maximize the value they’re receiving from Front to prevent churn and contractions
- Gather and anticipate the long term technical needs and potential roadblocks for our strategic customers and provide feedback to influence product direction
- Find opportunities for customers to ingrate Front more deeply in their tech stack and collaborate with them to make it a reality
- Work closely with Front’s Success Services and a third party engineering team to build custom solutions for customers
- Facilitate growth and expansion opportunities through value-based product demonstrations
- Manage technical escalations and projects alongside the account and relationship management teams
What skills & experience do you need?
- 2-3 years of Solutions Architect or Engineering experience, preferably at a SaaS company with complex workflow or automation products (think Mulesoft, Zapier, Workato, Tray.io, etc.)
- Strong understanding of software design principles and architecture patterns
- Experience developing and implementing custom solutions between multiple platforms with available API endpoints
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, collaborating with sales and support teams, preferably in an enterprise SaaS capacity
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Builder’s mindset - as a growing function, processes aren’t always defined, you should be excited to pave new roads through trial and error
- Bonus: A working knowledge of relevant technologies, including Email, Ticketing Systems, SMS, CRMs, IDPs, ERPs, & ETL
This is a Hybrid role in Chicago, expected to be in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The US OTE range for this full-time position is $100,000 - $120,000 USD (80/20 split). Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market-based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (base salary, which may include commissions or overtime pay where applicable), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our recruiting team for additional information.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
See more open positions at Front
Something looks off?