Senior Software Engineer, Security
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help build the frameworks, systems, tools, and product features to enable the best security practices.
What will you be doing?
- Own key services that power Front’s Security and lead technical evolutions to solve Security challenges
- Collaborate with product managers and other engineers to design, implement, and test new features to improve customer security
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues across the product stack
- Partner with other teams at Front to constantly improve our defensive model
- Communicate security risks to stakeholders and engineers
What skills and experience do you need?
- Product mindset, we’re a product company on a mission to "advance how people work”
- Industry experience working on security systems at a large-scale internet service
- Experience working on software systems built atop Amazon Web Services
- Strong understanding of core internet technologies (e.g. TCP/IP)Strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and high level of ambiguity
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Experience and interest in security best practices
- Full professional English proficiency
2-day a week hybrid preferred, but this position is open to Remote US and Canada
The US hiring range for this full-time position is $164,000 - $205,000 USD. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market-based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (base salary, which may include commissions or overtime pay where applicable), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our recruiting team for additional information.
Zone 1: USD $164,000 - $205,000
Zone 2: USD $148,000 - $184,000
Zone 3: USD $140,000 - $174,000
These ranges may be modified by Front at our sole discretion in the future.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.