Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses across many different industries (manufacturing, logistics, travel, financial services, tech, etc.) use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
As an Inbound SDR, your role is to generate new business pipeline through inbound opportunities by helping prospects understand the value of Front. You will leverage excellent communication skills, deep product knowledge, and business acumen to build relationships with leads. You will partner closely with the sales team to identify opportunities that otherwise would be left undiscovered.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver a best-in-class customer experience for prospects and customers of Front
- Quickly identify, qualify, and follow up on inbound leads (demo requests, trial leads, content downloads) via phone, email, and InMail
- Become a product expert on Front and its value prop. Hold yourself accountable to become a Front power user and technical expert
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value proposition to customers
- Document all interactions and findings with leads in our CRM, and create a seamless handoff process to Account Executives
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, and Operations to iterate on strategy, optimize deal flow, and improve lead quality
- Provide additional sales team support on an ad hoc/as-needed basis
- Proactively look for new opportunities within a targetted book of business through means of cold calling, email, and InMail
What skills and experiences do you need?
- Experience in a business development/sales related role preferred
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- CRM experience, especially Salesforce, is a plus
- Empathy, active listening skills, and a unique ability to uncover customer needs
- A great attitude, competitive spirit, and love for teamwork
- A “roll-up the sleeves” mentality
- Strong bias to action, adaptability (fast-paced environment)
The US-Chicago base salary for this full-time position is $65,000 OTE. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (which includes base salary and, where applicable, may include commissions or overtime pay), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our Recruiting Team for additional information.
These ranges may be modified in the future.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.