Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
As a member of our Builder Tools team, you will design and implement our cloud management infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, and build tools that help engineering teams to deliver code frequently and reliably. The bar for accuracy is high as we fulfill a very important mission: making saving for retirement achievable for all Americans - folks are trusting us with their money!
What you get to do every day
- Design and implement fault-tolerant and robust cloud infrastructures in AWS.
- Design and implement CI/CD for a multi-account, multi-service environment.
- Build tools for engineers that make them more efficient and simplify the development process.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to share knowledge and build expertise
- Write clean, high-quality code and tests to keep our system fast, reliable, and monitorable.
- Lead and participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing, and production release.
- Contribute to our evolving engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Foster a DevOps culture to eliminate silos between engineering and operations
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in cloud-based environments
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience with infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, etc.
- Professional experience with CI/CD technologies such as CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, GitLab CI/CD, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Strong communication skills; discussing complex technical concepts to engineers and non-engineers is no problem to you.
- Strong desire to learn, think creatively, and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Proactive and empathetic mindset - you love to roll up your sleeves to fix problems for our customers.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The salary range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $95,000 - $175,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Heath Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures
Something looks off?