Senior Technical Product Manager
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
About the team: Plan Operations - Incoming money movement team is responsible for building the product that enables Human Interest users to contribute to their retirement plan via deductions from the paycheck, rolling over a balance from a prior 401k account, or migrating the entire 401k plan from the different 401k provider. Senior Technical Product manager role is responsible for collaborating with other product teams to ensure accurate, timely, and transparent execution of incoming money movement at scale.
What you get to do every day
- Craft a product strategy that delivers a great customer experience while achieving the business goals and satisfying regulatory requirements
- Define and own goals that measure success, measure the business impact of deliverables, and rigorously track and report progress on a weekly and monthly basis
- Write clear requirements documents, and unblock engineering teams to deliver high-quality work on time
- Collaborate with other product teams to ensure your solutions deliver great end-to-end platform experience
- Partner with key stakeholders in Engineering, Financial Operations, Revenue, and Customer Success
What you bring to the role
- Experience: 5+ years of product management experience. Experience working on financial products. Experience in building and managing large-scale technical products
- Educational background: Degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
- Strong business acumen: You enjoy digging into the details of how a business works, identifying how to make it better, and building product/technical solutions to do so
- Strong stakeholder management: You have experience navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Engineering partnership experience: You have partnered closely with engineers to build products and complex systems at scale
- Operational savvy: You are a strong operational leader, capable of driving a cross-functional team and process
- Analytical thinking: You dig deep into the data, think from first principles, and deliver the right results
- Technical expertise: You get excited about getting into the details and are equally excited about 100% accuracy as well as 99% timeliness
- Crisp communicator: High attention to detail including precise and effective written and verbal communications
- Results-oriented: You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute complex projects
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The salary range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $160,000 - $200,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Heath Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures
Something looks off?