Senior Manager, Procurement & Payables
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Human Interest is seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to lead our Purchase to Pay (P2P) process. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the end-to-end vendor payment process, corporate credit card management and employee Travel & Entertainment (T&E) reimbursements. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving AP transformation and supporting the organization's strategic shift to Purchase Order (PO) compliance.
What you get to do every day
- Design, Plan and implement PO process, including creation and approval purchase orders, PO conversion, and 2-way matching of PO and invoices. Implement procurement systems & tools as needed
- Play a pivotal role in spend management and PO compliance by implementing and communicating key policies across Human Interest.
- Develop and maintain applicable AP, T&E, and Corporate Credit Card policies, procedures, controls, and metrics and provide monthly reporting to management
- Execute monthly close procedure and deliverables in a timely manner, including approval of vendor payments, AP accounts reconciliations, vendor accruals
- Manage corporate credit card program and employee reimbursement process
- Identify and execute process improvements to streamline AP process
- Manage vendor compliance process, including W-9 collection, 1099 issuance, and any vendor compliance inquiries
- Develop internal and external relationships to timely resolve payment issues
- Participate in other assignments and ad hoc projects as required
- May perform other duties as assigned
What you bring to the role
- 7+ years of accounting experience running daily Procurement and AP operations and leading procurement process transformation with a mix of public company and private company work
- Hands on experience in procurement management and solutions
- Strong interpersonal, excellent supervisory, and customer service skills required
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment with the desire for continuous improvement
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Must be able to work normal business hours in the PST time zone
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The salary range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $140,000 - $155,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures