Finance Manager, GTM
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
The Go-To-Market team at Human Interest encompasses Sales, Partnerships, Marketing, and Customer Onboarding. The Finance Manager, GTM, will support the Revenue Leadership team in all FP&A activities such as the budget process, forecasting, expense management, and variance analyses. In addition to being a strategic thought partner to the Revenue leadership team, GTM FP&A will be responsible for improving our reporting and forecasting capabilities, offer data-driven insights and recommendations, and provide financial oversight to ensure headcount and expense stay on plan.
What you get to do every day
- Lead the financial and headcount planning, and performance reporting for the GTM organization
- Improve forecast accuracy, explaining material variances to expectations and developing recommendations that further understanding of expense levers, organizational efficiencies, and return on investment
- Provide financial oversight to ensure that expense and hiring decisions are aligned with objectives
- Provide data-driven insights and financial analysis to optimize the performance of the Revenue organization
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes for the Revenue organization, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning
- Improve financial processes and implement system improvements
- Partner with the FP&A team and other departments to ensure alignment with the consolidated company plan and performance reporting
What you bring to the role
- 6+ years of finance experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, or FP&A at a high-growth/startup company
- Excellent business partnering and communication skills
- Previous experience providing finance support to sales and/or marketing functions
- Excel wizardry - ability to build robust financial models
- Knowledge of SaaS business models and experience in analyzing SaaS metrics
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with big picture strategic understanding
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity; ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset, curiosity and scrappiness
- Excellent communication skills - ability to collaborate across functions and levels throughout the company, as well as with external partners
- Ability to drive insights from large datasets - SQL experience a plus
- Familiarity with NetSuite and other FP&A software a plus
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The salary range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $120,000 - $140,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures