Senior Assembly, Integration & Test Engineer - Security Clearance Eligible
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2022
Wanna join the adventure?
Loft Orbital's mission is to make space simple for organizations to collect information about the Earth. We provide space infrastructure and operation as a service for whatever size mission a client needs - whether that's a constellation, a single satellite, or even flying multiple customer payloads on the same satellite.
As an AIT Engineer, you'll be responsible for ensuring the satellite is built and tested before launch. This is a truly multidisciplinary role where you'll work with almost every department in Loft and no two days will ever feel the same. You may be working with the Mechanical team to determine payload arrangement, Electrical team to design harnesses, Systems team on requirements and verification, PMs on scheduling, Software team on debugging, and the Product team for testing Loft hardware. You'll also work within the AIT team on the design and conduction of functional, performance, and environmental testing of the payloads and completed satellite. Through all of this, you'll need to be good at communication and documentation as well as have a passion for troubleshooting/debugging. This is a unique role and we're looking for a unique person to fill it!
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes'.
About This Role:
- Build and test satellite before launch.
- Work within the Loft team to test and verify internally developed products, and ensure successful delivery of final flight products to missions.
- Board, Box, and system level integration and test.
- Electrical and some mechanical integration of the payloads onto the satellite.
- Environmental testing at the box and system level (Vibration, TVAC, EMI)
- Test procedure authorship and execution
- US Citizenship required
- Required: active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance. Active Top Secret clearance with experience in (last 2 years) or active Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) strongly desired.
- Preferred: Current in-scope DoD SECRET background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining, or Continuous Evaluation (CE) status, with willingness and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Preferred: DoD or Intelligence Community Top Secret background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining or CE status; and SCI eligibility with current experience in SCI programs, other control systems, and/or Special Access Programs
- 5+ years (3+ with graduated degree) in a testing role or related, preferably in aerospace
- Experience with writing, performing, and documenting tests
- Experience with environmental testing (Vibration, TVAC, EMI, Radiation)
- Experience organizing test campaigns from initial idea to completion
- Familiar with aerospace testing standards such as GEVS, etc.
- Experience using software to test (python preferred)
- Experience designing or building harnesses for flight or test
- Experience setting up GSE for testing
Nice to Haves:
- AIT or Test lead on previous projects
- Experience juggling multiple test campaign priorities simultaneously
- Significant software experience creating and debugging tests in python
- Board and box level electrical testing and debugging
- HW integration experience, preferably satellite or aerospace
- Experience writing procedures for a variety of levels eg: internal development vs. production acceptance testing
- Experience sing Jira/Confluence for organization and communication
- Experience using GIT and Docker
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?