Senior Electrical Systems Engineer - Security Clearance Eligible
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2022
Wanna join the adventure?
As a Senior Electrical System Engineer of Loft's program team, you will work on multiple satellite missions simultaneously, each with a unique, multi-payload configuration. Your role will be to ensure the successful power and command protocol integration of the payloads to the bus. You will work cross-functionally across multiple Loft teams: satellite electrical configuration, payload interface software, mission engineering and AIT.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About the role:
- You will work both with Other Groups and Customers to develop and maintain technical power budgets for spacecraft performance.
- You will develop and manage electrical requirements and verification techniques with both Other Groups and Customers.
- You will support test procedures and participate in the integration and test campaign at our spacecraft manufacturer's site.
- US Citizenship
- Required: active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance. Active Top Secret clearance with experience in (last 2 years) or active Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) strongly desired.
- Preferred: Current in-scope DoD SECRET background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining, or Continuous Evaluation (CE) status, with willingness and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Preferred: DoD or Intelligence Community Top Secret background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining or CE status; and SCI eligibility with current experience in SCI programs, other control systems, and/or Special Access Programs
- Enjoy being the face of the electrical technical requirements and working with a team to deliver quality hardware.
- Knowledge of bus protocols of: SpaceWire, CAN, and RS-4XX specifications
- Power allocation and distribution systems including fault tolerate and derating considerations
- Familiarity of the different SV subsystems (Thermal, Structural, ADCS, RF Link, etc)
Nice to Haves:
- Have demonstrated experience in small satellite assembly, integration and test campaigns
- Have experience in a fast-paced development environment.
- Have prior experience delivering a spacecraft to orbit and/or space-qualified hardware to a customer
- Worst Case Circuit Analysis experience
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?