Director of Revenue
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
This role will be to manage all things Revenue related for the Global company. This person will maintain the detailed revenue recognition models that align with ASC606 guidance and also will help to forecast the revenue implications for new deals that are still in negotiation.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Serve as the in-house expert on all things ASC 606
- Support accounting, legal and sales during deal negotiations; perform initial review and evaluation of contract terms/conditions
- Work with sales and mission teams to complete a full forecast of billing and revenue events
- Prepare and analyze month end results on the BS and P&L related to revenue and deferred revenue accounts
- Assess contract assets, contract liability/deferred revenue, and unbilled AR, and prepare monthly roll forward schedules
- Drive the implementation of ARM into NetSuite
- Be a key player in the annual PwC audits
- Direct the monthly close and reporting process, including review of journal entries, account analysis, and reconciliations
- Drive the monthly global consolidation process
- Streamline, automate, maintain & improve processes, systems and internal controls
- Oversee the Sr Accountant on invoicing and collections issues
- Partner with the Controller on technical accounting matters
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s in Accounting. CPA a plus
- 7+ years financial accounting experience
- 3+ years experience with ASC 606
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and computer skills
- Experience with our software stack preferred (Excel, NetSuite, Slack, Gmail)
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming
- benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?