Flight Software Engineer - Security Clearance Eligible
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Wanna join the adventure?
We're developing the platform that enables our customers to develop software onboard satellites. We need individuals who: have experienced projects done at scale; designed and architected distributed systems; guide, mentor and lead team members.
You will have the opportunity to work together with Product Management and other stakeholders (Mission Leads, Satellite Operators, Ground Software, etc.) to iterate on new features, solve common goals, and ship space missions!
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About this role:
- Drive innovation on the team with an inclination to experiment and to boldly confront complex problems.
- Represent Loft Orbital and its values in public communication around broad initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Interact with customers and other external stakeholders as a consultant and spokesperson for the work of your team.
- Develop and maintain distributed system across multiple nodes on a variety of embedded platforms that include real-time operating systems (RTOS) and the Linux kernel.
- Focus on continuous improvement of technology, tools, and processes.
- US Citizenship required
- Required: active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance. Active Top Secret clearance with experience in (last 2 years) or active Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) strongly desired.
- Preferred: Current in-scope DoD SECRET background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining, or Continuous Evaluation (CE) status, with willingness and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Preferred: DoD or Intelligence Community Top Secret background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining or CE status; and SCI eligibility with current experience in SCI programs, other control systems, and/or Special Access Programs
- Experience building and debugging applications with C/C++ on embedded systems.
- Experience working in a Linux environment using open source toolchains.
- Experience creating or modifying BSPs, device trees, drivers, kernels, or boot sequences for Linux or RTOS
- Experience with the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale MPSoC chip at a low level (driver, BSP, boot sequence [bootROM, U-boot], device-tree)
- Capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about technical problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- A positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Familiarity with processor technologies such as ARM, RISC-V, or PPC.
Nice to Haves:
- Have 3+ years of experience with the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC processor.
- Have experience developing with embedded type-1 hypervisors, such as Xen or seL4
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?