Senior Hardware Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Wanna join the adventure?
We are hiring a Senior Hardware Engineer in our Toulouse office, to work as an SME across Loft programs & help design / develop / test flight hardware. You will be responsible for supporting "all things electrical" for Loft missions, their customers and their subcontractors.
*We are ideally looking for someone able to work on-site in our Toulouse, France facility. 🌍
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Designing and developing electrical systems for satellites and spacecraft
- Working with other engineering teams to integrate electrical systems with other subsystems, such as mechanical and thermal systems
- Developing and testing electronic circuits and components
- Designing and implementing electronic packaging and enclosures for electronic subsystems
- Coordinating and communicating with suppliers of electronic components
- Developing and implementing test plans for electronic systems
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation for electronic systems
- Investigating and troubleshooting issues with electronic systems
- Evaluating and selecting electronic components and subsystems
- Participating in the design reviews of electronic systems and subsystems
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations related to electronic systems
- Collaborating with other engineering disciplines, such as mechanical and aerospace engineers, to develop integrated satellite systems
- Staying informed about new developments and advancements in the field of electronic systems for space applications
- ~5 years in high-reliability aerospace electronic system design
- Experience in PCB design and fabrication
- Experience with electrical power systems
- Experience with onboard data handling architectures
- Experience with taking a product through circuit design, PCB design and fabrication and test
- Experience in designing resilient products for high reliability applications ideally space.
- Experience designing FPGA based systems
- Experience in high-speed digital systems
- Experience with system simulation and modeling
- Experience leading system trades for product design and part selection.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with part selection for high radiation environments
- Experience with RF systems (transceiver/amplifier design, frontend design, etc.)
- Experience in a startup environment
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Equity, we want you to have an active role in our success
- Up to 35 days of Paid Time Off (vacations & RTT ) and flexible working hours, we want you to be at your best
- Health and life insurance, we care about your health
- Lunch Vouchers, because let’s be honest, we love food! (we even have a slack channel about it #loft-gourmand)
- Cross-office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse to learn from our differences
- Company and team off-sites and many other events to work & celebrate together
- Relocation assistance to Toulouse when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.