Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2023
As the founding Product Designer at Memfault, you will have the opportunity to shape the direction and success of our product from the ground up. You will be responsible for driving the design of our product and shaping the overall user experience, working closely with the leadership team to conceptualize, prototype, and refine new features and redesign existing ones. You will lead the design process from start to finish, working with the team to define and prioritize design solutions, and creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups to communicate design concepts and gather feedback. You will also conduct user research and testing to validate design concepts and gather insights. You will contribute to the development and maintenance of our design system. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the overall experience of our product at a high level down to the details while having the support of a very talented and dedicated team.
- Work with product managers, engineers, and our customer success team to understand how our customers use Memfault and what they need to succeed.
- See your design work through from start to finish: turn insights from user research into ideas, sketch and prototype to bring them to life, and ship products and features that make Memfault better.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups to communicate design concepts and gather feedback.
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand how your designs will be built.
- Contribute to the development of our design system and ensure that it is consistently applied across our product.
- 3+ years of experience in product design, preferably in a data-heavy B2B software environment.
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping design work in complex enterprise-grade web applications and developer tools.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams to help iteratively improve software.
- You have experience in conducting user research and testing, and using the insights to inform design decisions.
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and support your design decisions.
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns.
We want you (yes, you!) to apply
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Memfault is the first IoT reliability platform that empowers teams to build more robust devices at scale. Today hardware teams have little insight into how their products are performing, and what issues are driving the majority of field failures, with Memfault they can operate with the same speed and agility as software organizations. Companies such as Logitech, Bose, Whoop, and Verkada use Memfault’s performance monitoring, device debugging, and OTA update capabilities to ship fast and build high quality products. Memfault was founded by veterans of Pebble, Fitbit, and Oculus, and is backed by fantastic investors such as YCombinator and Uncork Capital.
See more open positions at Memfault
Something looks off?