Product Manager - Data Insights
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Memfault is the first IoT reliability platform that empowers teams to build more robust devices at scale. Today hardware teams have little insight into how their products are performing, and what issues are driving the majority of field failures, with Memfault they can operate with the same speed and agility as software organizations.
Your Product Focus
Your team’s mission is to get hardware teams the data they need to build best-in-class, reliable products. Whether they are building a consumer device, or mission critical infrastructure, device manufacturers today rely on customer reports and lab-testing to understand the performance of their devices. With data driven insights, they can iterate on their design and quickly react when a problem develops in their fleet.
As the product manager for this team, you’ll own the product roadmap and will work cross-functionally with engineering, design, customer success, and marketing to deliver high-quality, innovative products and features to the growing world of connected devices.
You’ll be a thought-leader by staying up-to-date with market trends and the competitive landscape, and will proactively identify opportunities to differentiate our product, better serve our customers.
What you will do on a day to day basis
- Drive the vision for the Memfault Data Insights Platform
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on roadmap prioritization with stakeholders including senior leadership, customers, and the broader team.
- Develop a deep understanding of Memfault’s customers, use cases and competitors
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key resultsCollaborate cross-functionally to prioritize & deliver on the team’s mission
- Work with the engineering team to deliver on the vision for the Memfault Data Insights Platform
- Survey market trends and competitive landscape to identify opportunities to differentiate the product and add value to our customers
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, customer data analysis, and talk to customers & prospects to drive product vision & roadmap
- 3+ years of experience in product management, preferably in building SaaS metrics platforms or a developer tools environment.
- You have either worked as a data engineer previously or possess a deep interest, understanding and knowledge of metrics and analytics for software development
- Great communicator who is able to drive prioritization by consensus across teams and serve as an effective liaison between customers and our teams.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Proven expertise working with, presenting to and managing communications with customers.
- Ability to understand immediate and longer term customer goals and needs, and build products that can meet these goals
- Ability to prioritize and scope user requests and product capabilities balancing long term vision and short-term pain points
- Familiarity with big-data solutions, data visualization and developer metrics
We want you (yes, you!) to apply
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Memfault is the first IoT reliability platform that empowers teams to build more robust devices at scale. Today hardware teams have little insight into how their products are performing, and what issues are driving the majority of field failures, with Memfault they can operate with the same speed and agility as software organizations. Companies such as Logitech, Bose, Whoop, and Verkada use Memfault’s performance monitoring, device debugging, and OTA update capabilities to ship fast and build high quality products. Memfault was founded by veterans of Pebble, Fitbit, and Oculus, and is backed by fantastic investors such as YCombinator and Uncork Capital.
See more open positions at Memfault
Something looks off?