Enterprise Research Analyst - DeFi
New York, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
We are seeking a Research Analyst with expertise in DeFi and stablecoins to join our Enterprise Research team. You will conduct thorough, sector-wide research and analysis to publish deep dives and shorter form research reports that bring data-driven insights to our clients. Your reports will leverage Messari’s qualitative and quantitative datasets. As part of this role, you will engage with investors, protocols, and other stakeholders in the crypto industry.
This role is based out of our New York City office. Note that we will only review applications that have answered the questions at the bottom of this spec.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to provide sector-level overviews and data-driven insights to our clients.
- Collaborate with the broader research team to author insightful research reports.
- Form original theses about crypto and the DeFi sector and use these as the backbone for your research reports.
- Stay abreast of key developments in your sector with the ability to publish quick reports as needed.
- Engage on social media platforms (e.g., Twitter) and participate in industry events to represent our brand and build your personal brand.
- Crypto-native – you know multiple DeFi protocols inside-out, are familiar with major themes and sectors, and have basic knowledge of 50-100 protocols.
- 1-2 years of experience working in crypto or 3+ years working as a research analyst.
- Strong communication skills, able to articulate your analysis and insights concisely and with clarity in plain English.
- Ability to synthesize a wide range of data and insights into a coherent framework that facilitates in-depth understanding of a (new) sector, trend or protocol.
- Resourceful, curious, and able to think critically and independently.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Strong data skills and familiarity with crypto metrics and data sources.
- Team player with a willingness to collaborate and put Messari's mission above personal achievement.
- Knowledge of SQL and Python to pull and manipulate data yourself (with speed)
- Experience conducting traditional or crypto valuation and analysis
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our offices in New York or San Francisco, the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team
We believe in building services that help people around the world engage with crypto and seek out talent that can broaden how we build for a diverse, global audience. At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.