Business Development Representative
Marketers have a problem. Today companies spend over $1T to bring customers to the door, but $19 of every $20 they spend does not convert to revenue. Companies have no choice other than to dedicate large engineering and data science teams to manually build more relevant, higher converting experiences for different customer segments.
Mutiny is a no-code AI platform that helps marketers convert their top of funnel demand into revenue, without engineers. Mutiny gives marketers everything they need to drive revenue and prove it — from data and analytics to AI-powered recommendations and content writing. Our customers are some of the fastest growing companies in the B2B space including Notion, Ramp, Carta and Segment. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, YCombinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce and Snowflake.
About the role:
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be supporting our sales and marketing teams by generating meetings with key prospects at our target accounts. We’re looking for someone who loves talking about tech and wants to build a career in sales or marketing. In this role, you will:
- Research accounts, identify key buyers, and create interest to generate sales opportunities
- Build email sequences that drive urgency and engage buyers at key accounts
- Help organize and attend industry conferences and other Mutiny events
- Qualify “in-market” leads for the sales team
This is a unique opportunity as an early member of the team, where you can get in on the ground floor and guide the strategy we use to break into our target customers. By working collaboratively with the marketing and sales teams, you will gain a cross-functional perspective while directly contributing to the revenue goals of the company.
What you bring:
- You’re a self-motivated individual that can meet ambitious targets.
- You’re comfortable talking with senior executives, and you excel at building long-lasting relationships with prospective customers.
- You challenge the status quo and always find a better way to get your job done.
- 1-2 years of work experience, either in sales/business development, or finance, consulting, and related analytical fields
- Experience balancing competing priorities and owning aggressive targets
- Excellent time management skills that can be shared and spread throughout the team
- Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. A big plus for experience working at a high growth startup (series A-D).
- An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture, brand and customer experience.
- Bonus points if you have experience with modern sales tools and techniques (Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc.)
What you’ll get out of it:
- You are joining a rocketship! We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce, and Snowflake. We are growing incredibly fast and about to hit another inflection point. The potential is unreal. Join and you’ll see what we mean.
- You will create a name for yourself by getting to work with and support some of the fastest growing companies in B2B SaaS.
- You will get exposure to real business problems every company faces (growth) that you can take with you to start your own company (or to help scale another).
- You will have fun, plain and simple. There is a reason our first company value is that work should feel like play.
- You will experience a new way of working. Our team is fully distributed across North America and the EU. But we come together as a company for quarterly offsites (usually in super fun places like Hawaii and Salt Lake City). This combination of experience-based work is a competitive advantage we plan on leaning into.
These values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Stir the post, regularly
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
- All hands on deck
- Live in the world you want to change.
We also believe in balanced teams, which is why we have maintained a 50% male to female ratio in our investors and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, lifestyle, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
Our Offer to You: Mutiny is proud to offer a competitive compensation package to all full-time employees, including base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits. The estimated salary range for this role for US-based employees is $100,000 - $110,000 OTE ($70,000 - $77,000 base + $30,000 - $33,000 variable)
Something looks off?