CEO Operations Administrator
Marketers have a problem. Today companies spend over $1T to bring customers to the door, but $19 of every $20 they spend does not convert to revenue. Companies have no choice other than to dedicate large engineering and data science teams to manually build more relevant, higher converting experiences for different customer segments.
Mutiny is a no-code AI platform that helps marketers convert their top of funnel demand into revenue, without engineers. Mutiny gives marketers everything they need to drive revenue and prove it — from data and analytics to AI-powered recommendations and content writing. Our customers are some of the fastest growing companies in the B2B space including Notion, Ramp, Carta and Segment. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce and Snowflake.
About the role:
As the CEO Operations Administrator, your goal is to help Jaleh scale her time and energy across Mutiny employees, customers and investors. This role includes the traditional responsibilities of an executive assistant, but also looking for someone who can go beyond that to identify trends, build and improve processes, develop better communication systems, serve as our CEO's voice when appropriate and enhance Mutiny’s strong culture. We're looking for a partner to help her be a better CEO and manage her time more effectively. Reporting directly to the CEO and Chief of Staff, you’ll have direct exposure to the executive team, enabling you to learn how a startup operates and how the company sets its strategy and OKRs. Through prioritization, organization, and communication, you’ll play a vital part in how Mutiny operates and develops its culture.
Here are some things you’ll do in the next 18 months:
- Own the administrative functions for Jaleh such as email and calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reports and event coordination. Be a trusted partner to quickly respond and resolve all internal requests.
- You will work with Jaleh and the Chief of Staff to understand priorities and develop playbooks for how to process emails on Jaleh’s behalf and route only the ones that you believe require her attention. This requires excellent judgement, writing skills, understanding of Jaleh’s voice and the company’s inner workings.
- Work closely with Jaleh and the Chief of Staff to determine her priorities and the ideal calendar structure in a given quarter. Ensure Jaleh’s calendar accurately reflects her priorities and help Mutineers develop the right prep documents and pre-reads for their meetings with Jaleh.
- Stay several steps ahead by observing trends and identifying opportunities to increase your impact. Constantly think about how to optimize Jaleh’s time, improve processes and communication playbooks, and create a better experience for Mutineers when they interface with you and Jaleh.
- Help Jaleh get closer to Mutineers, not further. Culture and people are the most important thing to her. Be her partner in making work feel like play and adding more spice to Mutiny!
- You’ll develop playbooks that optimize everyone’s time, giving Jaleh more time to serve Mutiny. This can include establishing when to use which communication channels or identifying areas that you can own directly such as creating presentations, writing summaries, or helping sales find beneficial connections in Jaleh’s network.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in an executive support, event planning, or operations role. Has interfaced with senior leaders.
- Fast and sound decision maker. Quickly identifies what matters most and can make good decisions despite lack of domain expertise. Is scrappy enough to get the info and orient themselves around any problem and knows when to ask for input.
- Excellent Multitasker. Is energized by chaos and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Stays organized, has a great memory, and doesn’t drop any balls.
- Efficient writer and communicator. Writing is clear, concise, and free of grammatical errors. Can communicate at the right altitude with different audiences, especially executives.
- Calm and trusted partner to others. Has a service mindset. Is trusted by people to get the job done efficiently with discretion and a great attitude.
- Loves optimizing systems. Is a structured thinker who is able to anticipates needs and spot trends. Constantly seeks feedback and improvement. Leaves a trail of documented processes and color-coded spreadsheets behind them.
- Has an exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- Is a kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture, brand and customer experience.
What you’ll get out of it:
- You are joining a rocketship! We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including Carta, Gong, Salesforce, and Snowflake. We are growing incredibly fast and about to hit another inflection point. There’s huge growth potential. Join and you’ll see what we mean.
- You will learn directly from the CEO and executive team. This level of access and strategic context is really hard to come by, especially at a hypergrowth startup.
- You will get exposure to real business problems every company faces (growth) that you can take with you to start your own company (or to help scale another).
- You will have fun—plain and simple. There is a reason our first company value is that work should feel like play.
- You will experience a new way of working. Our team is fully distributed across North America and the EU. But we come together as a company for quarterly offsites (usually in super fun places like Miami or Austin). This combination of experience-based work is a competitive advantage we plan on leaning into.
These values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Stir the post, regularly
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
- All hands on deck
- Live in the world you want to change
We also believe in balanced teams, which is why we have maintained a 50% male to female ratio in our investors and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, lifestyle, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
We are fully remote.
Something looks off?