Marketers have a problem. Today companies spend over $1T to bring customers to the door, but $19 of every $20 they spend does not convert to revenue. Companies have no choice other than to dedicate large engineering and data science teams to manually build more relevant, higher converting experiences for different customer segments.
Mutiny is a no-code AI platform that helps marketers convert their top of funnel demand into revenue, without engineers. Mutiny gives marketers everything they need to drive revenue and prove it — from data and analytics to AI-powered recommendations and content writing. Our customers are some of the fastest growing companies in the B2B space including Notion, Ramp, Carta and Segment. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, YCombinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce and Snowflake.
The role, in a nutshell:
We’re looking for an exceptional Accounting Lead to be a founding member of our accounting team. We need to lay a foundation for scale and this is your chance to build it from the ground up. This is a pivotal role. Our vision is that in collaboration with our Finance leadership team, you will set up the financial systems, controls, documentation and reporting cadence for the Company to eventually operate as a public company.
What you'll do:
Build the function. Direct the Company’s day-to-day accounting operations, including execution of operational accounting policy, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, international accounting, revenue recognition under AS606, and other accounting activities.
Design the future. Own the accounting tech stack. Partner with our Finance, BizOps, Sales, Marketing, and People teams to scale our company-wide systems and processes. Build on the partnership we have with our outside accounting team.
Guide the way. Instill confidence and credibility into everything that you touch. Build a function that is a source of truth for financial information. Partner with Finance & BizOps to ensure a seamless reporting process
What we are looking for:
Adaptability - Can handle a wide variety and complex challenges that when solved, allow Mutiny operate efficiently and effectively.
Systems thinking - Sees downstream impacts, understands and maps edge cases, engages the right people and the right time.
Problem solving - Gets to the right solution. Doesn’t wait for others to solve problems and creatively identifies solutions and weighs option. Correctely prioritizes workload towards highest impact projects.
Project management - Coordinates seamlessly with external accounting and tax resources to ensure accurate monthly close and compliance with tax filings requirements.
Technical skills - An expert in core systems that support our accounting and finance department. High aptitude for Google Sheets, Quickbooks, HRIS systems, and Billing platforms.
Communication - Identifies correct communication style for the audience and clearly and concisely communicates most imporant topics and focuses that allow for understanding and issue resolution.
What you’ll get out of it:
- We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce, and Snowflake. We are growing incredibly fast and about to hit another inflection point. The potential is unreal. Join and you’ll see what we mean.
- You will create a name for yourself by getting to work with and support some of the fastest growing companies in B2B SaaS.
- You will get exposure to real business problems every company faces (growth) that you can take with you to start your own company (or to help scale another).
- You will have fun, plain and simple. There is a reason our first company value is that work should feel like play.
- You will experience a new way of working. Our team is fully distributed across North America and the EU. But we come together as a company for quarterly offsites (most recently in fun cities like Brooklyn, Seattle, and Austin). This combination of experience-based work is a competitive advantage we plan on leaning into.
These values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Stir the pot, regularly
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
- All hands on deck
- Live in the world you want to change
We also believe in balanced teams, which is why we have maintained a 50% male to female ratio in our investors and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, lifestyle, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
Mutiny is proud to offer a competitive compensation package to all full-time employees, including base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits. The estimated salary range for this role for US-based employees is $156,000 - $201,000.
- Live and work from anywhere in the US or Canada
- Quarterly offsites in fun cities like New York and Austin
- Flexible paid time off and generous parental leave
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- $1,500 WFH stipend
We are fully remote.